Friday, December 1, 2006

Windy Way

         


Today in Ohio we are having gusts of wind up to 50 MPH. It`s crazy! Ofcourse I`ve been out in it all day, taking my mom to a doctor`s appointment and running errands. We stopped at the drug store, Walmart, and had lunch at Friendly`s.


Ever seen a 77-year-old woman with a walker caught in a 50 MPH wind?? LOL


I want to thank Chris of  Cab's Creations  for the adorable Santa tag! I can`t resist a cute dog. :0)  You will never see a bird in my journal. I`m terrified of them. Dogs, yes! My own little Cocker Spaniel, Mandy, is my puppy love. It`s so nice to come home and have her greet me, her little body wiggling like a bowl of Jello, tail wagging, eyes shining. I really do believe that she thinks she owns this place and is doing us a favor by letting us live here and cater to her!


Yesterday I met my friend, Janice, at the Olive Garden for lunch. Yummy. It was a much warmer, nicer day than today weatherwise. I enjoyed my day off, with no schedule, no one to answer to, free to do as I pleased. I walked around the mall a bit. Didn`t buy anything, but I looked at many purses. My weakness. When I got home, I put some Christmas lights up outside. It looks very nice. I`m keeping it simple this year. I hope to have the tree up by this weekend.


Ah, speaking of spoiled puppies.....the princess is calling. I know she wants to play, as she spent a few hours in her cage today.


Hopefully AOL will be nice enough to let me save this entry......


~Penny                  


 


                    

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah it let you save!  :)  Been windy here too... and snow is expected tonite and tomorrow.  Be safe and warm!!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Weatehr is crazy all over.  Blah!  Purses are your weakness?  Nah!  LOL  I love your walking Penny.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Seems the weather is crazy all over! Freezing here with ice & snow. BRRRRR
I got the puppy tag too, for the furr babies to use. LOL Prob start using my Christmas tags late next week.
Glad you had a nice day, now have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Wow that's some strong wind!!  Pretty calm here....I like it that way.
Olive Garden is good!  I'm glad you had a nice lunch with your friend.
Don't you just love doggies?? OMG they are so loving!  So happy to see you no matter what.  You are very blessed.
Pam

Anonymous said...

The wind has been WILD today. I am so jealous you get to go to Olive Garden...i have always loved their soup,salad and breadsticks and now i can not eat lettuce....UGH!
Your poor mom...i am glad she wasnt blown over.
LOVE, Lisa jo

Anonymous said...

It is very windy here...blowing and cold and even some snow..more coming !  Winter isn't here officially, but it does feel like it !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

The wind gusts here are awful also.  LOL...my DISH actually went out a couple of times for a few seconds.  I think of you every time I put a bird in my tags.  So, Princess Mandy is still permitting you to live with her?  Best keep on her good size.  Your mother must have had a terrible time today getting around.  Hope those Christmas lights aren't blowing away.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your lunch!  I bet your lights look great...Jae

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I always have thought that you and I were a lot alike Penny, and this entry does not change that.  Tessa is also the princess of this house and feels that she runs the place.  So so cute, yet so so hillarious.  I also have a weekness for purses, as I have told you in the past.  Well, my twin sis, I miss and love ya, take care.
KJ

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine that whole scene, the wind the walker and the determination to go shopping!  LOL  Have a nice Sunday.

Phil