Friday, December 29, 2006

Is it Bedtime Yet?

                             


I just got home from work and had dinner. I worked from 1:15 to 6:30. Not a long shift. I am beat! For nearly two years now I have been taking meds and been on some sort of chemo, so I forget how it feels to be really normal, but let me tell you, I am just tired.


And I`m tired of being tired.


Right now I am still receiving some disability pay, so financially I can get by. What concerns me is I don`t feel anywhere near being ready to work full time again. Not even close. I pray I won`t have to.


Corey is away for a few days with Campus Crusade For Christ. She will enjoy the fellowship of plenty of other Christian college students. They have a New Year`s Eve celebration and I`m happy for her that she is having fun in such a positive way.


                           


I myself am still feeling blah and I`m not sure why. I`ve just been sort of ho-hum ......


I have to let the puppy play for a while and I plan on going to bed early, esp since I have to be at work at 8:15 tomorrow. Speaking of my dog, she is so cute. She makes sounds that seem just like she wants to talk! Anyone else`s dogs do that? I`m trying to teach her to say MAMA, but no luck as of yet. lol Sometimes she makes a noise that sounds like "muh," other times it`s more like "unh."  She is a strange dog in that she loves me so much, yet she`ll get upset with me about something and show me all her teeth and act fierce. In which case I have to warn her I can still pick her up and spank her if I have to! (Which ofcourse will never happen in a million years and she knows that, too.) But I love that she is fiesty. Not really mean ..... I think it`s a game she plays with me to see if she can get the upper hand.


Upper paw?


                           


Obviously I am very tired to reduce my journal to this level of insanity.


Goodnight!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaaawww I know how you feel... I worked f/t while going thru my treatments.. it was hell... but  I had no choice.  Feel better soon and get rest!  Everything else can wait
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

You know you are tired AND bored when you resort to dog poop stories!  I have done it many, many times!  LOL!  So just dog stories tells me a quick nap and you'll be ready to rock, again!  Now go rest!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Hopefully when treatments end you're body will recover and you will feel more "normal" again.  Cute graphics.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you feel so tired.  Understandable with the strong meds you are on.  I hope you don't have to go back to work full time until you are good and ready.  Talk to your Doc about that.  
Your puppy sounds wonderful.  You are lucky to have her.  And she is lucky to have YOU!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Penny, you so sound tired.  Being in treatment and on meds for so long has to take its toll but look where you were last year at this time.  You weren't even able to work at all.  Your strength will come back.  I'm praying your disability pay will extend until you're fully able to work full time.  

LOL..love the Mandy stories.  She is feisty; just like her mom.  Get some rest and get ready to ring in a New Year...Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think I'm almost that tired too !  No meds or chemo to add to my being tired though...just age.  I think you do just great for all that you're going through. Rest helps.  'On Ya' - m

Anonymous said...

Rick SWEARS that Buddy, our beagle, says "uh huh" every time he says "do you love Daddy". Give me a break, lol.
I am sorry you are tired and feeling a bit down.....this time of year is known to make us feel that way. I want you happy and healthy.
LOVE YOU,
lj

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say, HAPPY NEW YEAR to Pennie in Ohio! Just read a bunch of your entry's-you know, to catch up; so you have a new puppy? Aren't they darling? I
myself haven't taken the plunge, as of yet, I was thinking maybe in the Spring?
We'll see.....that chemo is making you blah....tired too. I'm surprised your able
to work, at all! I couldn't do a bloody thing last year while on it-I never felt so
bad in my life! And 'they' wanted me to go through it again??? No chance, no way
Jose'! I finally made a new entry, although boring, I'm sure, but I recall you requesting that I "Update my journal," so go check it out! Love your graphics, by the way; sounds like your daughter will have a ball with her friends, and, like you said, in a positive way! Good for her! I love to see teens go in the Right Way, if
you know what I mean. Can we look forward in seeing pictures of the pup? I'm
hoping that's a yes. lol ~Diane~ http://journals.aol.com/dizarra/StorysFromtheCityTalesFromtheSea

Anonymous said...

I don't remember if I told you about the game Salty plays with me growling and acting insane about possession of his bone if I get near it.      He will have his rump up in the air and his head turned sideways on the floor then acting goofy.    He calms down and makes some very light sounds with tone inflections expressing his emotional state I guess.      I think you are doing the best you can having to have chemo.     Your doctor should be able to help verify that your condition would eliminate full time work at this time.     It is good that your daughter will not be with people doing alot of drinking on New Year's Eve.     Wishing you a very good New Year and many enjoyable days throughout the year.   mark

Anonymous said...

The puppy animation is great!    mark

Anonymous said...

My cat cries mama all the time!  I don't think he's really calling me, but I like to think so. LOL
Mhttp://journals.aol.com/chat2missie/MissiesUpsideDownWorld/issie

Anonymous said...

Hope your having a better day Penny, Have a Happy New Year when it comes!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Hope New Years brings you many wonderful things.
May the light of God shine all bout you.
Blessings, Sugar