Sunday, December 10, 2006

Party

          


I love this tag. Every time I see it I feel a sudden urge to make a cup of hot cocoa. Thanks, Donna !


So last night was the work Christmas party. It was held at a bar & grill type place, so I was skeptical at first. But I have to say, it was nice and the food was superb! I think everyone had a good time. I received a lovely gift basket.


I drank root beer as opposed to the glass of wine that I really wanted, but that will have to wait until my treatments are all finished. I also still ....STILL..... have some sort of sinus infection/ scratchy throat thing going on. So I took some Benadryl and 2 Advil before I went to the party. It helped. I may go to the doctor for this again. Last Christmas I was in the hospital with pneumonia, which was the topper to spending Easter in the Cleveland Clinic with leukemia. So this year I`d like to just stay home and enjoy the festivites. :)


In church today I felt my eyes welling up with tears. Just to be able to be in church, singing and having a good time with my friends... that the Lord has seen fit to place me there with a happy heart full of gratitude. The feeling was overwhelming.


If you`d like, you can check out my entry entitled No Room In The Inn in my other journal:


http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/let-the-earth-rejoice/


Love and peace!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny, I sure hope you get rid of that scratcy thing in your throat.  I do remember last Christmas and do not want you to be spending this one in the hospital.  God bless your Corey for letting me know because I was so worried when you weren't around.  I need to lift myself out of my blues and start celebrating the reason for the season.  Your entries always cheer me up.  Glad you had such a nice time at your Christmas party.  LOL...next year you can sip that glass of wine.  Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

Yes, you and I and in fact most of us do have a lot to be thankful for this Christmas!  We've been blessed with another year of life, and it is so precious!
'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I hope your throat feels better soon, and when we all make it into the new year it makes us truly grateful for being here.....take care
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Awwww sweetie I'm glad you had fun!!  You deserve it so much!  
HUGS to you.
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This is a nice entry...I am heading over to check out the other one, now...Jae

Anonymous said...

A wonderful entry and I am so glad this Christmas is filled with gratitude.    mark

Anonymous said...

h