Friday, December 8, 2006

Gift Exchange

           


I just wrote an entry and deleted it. I thought it was a funny story about a gift exchange we had last night at our church. But - in doing so, I may have represented someone in an unflattering light. So I couldn`t keep it posted in good consciousness. Oh, well.....


So last night we had our annual ladies` Christmas dinner and gift exchange. One of the women is getting married Christmas Eve, so we threw in a bridal shower as well.


The church looks beautiful, all lit up outside and with gorgeous Christmas trees inside. We are a fairly small congregation, but we have been blessed with a new church building and a wonderful group of people who attend.


Today at work we were treated to a pizza lunch since we have been such good boys and girls. One of our branches in my area was robbed this week. Very scary. I like my job at the bank, but sales is a big issue and that`s the only part of the job I don`t like. But it is a huge part of my job. We do get a pay out if we reach a certain goal of new accounts, but still.


Anyhow, tomorrow night is our work Christmas party. We are all going out to eat - and I`m sure drink, although I won`t be. I would like a glass of wine, but with all my leukemia meds, maybe not.


We have an inch or two of snow on the ground - nothing major.


I am off work until Wednesday! I feel so relaxed. I painted my nails a festive ruby red and had a cup of hot cocoa. Tonight`s plans include: playing with the puppy, slouching around in my pajamas, and having a hot cup of tea in the midst of twinkling Christmas lights.


May the spirit of Christmas be in your hearts all year `round!


                thanks, Missie!


 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a good week!!  And your evening plans sound so good to me!  I want a puppy!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful week and a very relaxing and delightful evening!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I would have loved that story you deleted. I hope you enjoy youreself tomorrow. I love pizza night at work...i dont get that much. My bank, Huntington, has the rudest employees ever. I do not like my bank at all...they all love Rick, he even gets a free sucker each week. LOL
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Seems like a good week, a good night, & a lovely weekend!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Love those Chritmas get togethers..there is alway some story to tell til next year..LOL..hugs,TerryANn

Anonymous said...

LOL...Penny, I was scratching my head with the two alerts.  Now, I see why.  Whoo, a bank robbery is scary.  Always something to think about.  I know banks are pushing the sales thing now which was never an issue in the past.  The bonuses are nice but I'm sure there is some pressure to sell.  Hey girl, you put up those feet and relax and enjoy yourself.  Last Christmas I do remember was awful with you in the hospital so you enjoy the daylights out of the season this year.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny~Glad you are having fun with the Christmas season! Your church sounds so pretty that I wish I could see it! God Bless~Sassy ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/SassysWORD

Anonymous said...

Man, I feel gipped.  I want to hear about the lady and the gift exchange that you deleted.  I'm sure it was a funny story and now I will never know.  You owe your readers. LOL  Anyway, have a nice weekend Penny!

Phil

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h