Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas!

          


Thanks, Donna , for this lovely tag.


 


I was tagged by Sugar to take part in this cute little entry I have seen in many of your journals, so here goes:


Three things I DON`T want for Christmas:


1. A country CD


2. Fruitcake


3. Pneumonia ( like last year! )


Three things I DO want for Christmas:


1. A sewing machine


2. Health for myself and family


3. Christian gentleman


( he keeps making it onto my wish list. Where is  he??


 


So I worked yesterday from 8-5;30. It was a very long day for my part time schedule, but it went by fairly well. We were busy - swamped! - and most of the customers were in good spirits. Everyone said "Merry Christmas", which I found encouraging , esp since hearing all this garbage in the news how Christmas scenes are being banned, and more people are just replying with Happy Holidays etc. That`s just crap! I think the majority of people don`t want that at all. Almost everyone I know celebrates Christmas in some way. And, okay, if you don`t....then you can still have a nice day and be wished a Happy.... < insert holiday >   I think it`s mostly the media playing up these stories and I find it very sad.


Anyhow.......


Last night the Girlfriendz and I met for dinner. The Girlfriendz are : Patty, Tina, Kim, Don, Deloris, and myself. I have known them  either since grade school, junior high, or high school. We try to get together 2 or 3 times a year, esp during Christmas. We had a lovely dinner at an Italian restaurant and some good conversation. This has been a tradition since we were teenagers. Ofcourse, our gatherings are relatively calm these days....but, back in the day.........!!


So now I must get the house cleaned up and get ready to go out. Corey and I are going grocery shopping. Since it will just be Corey, my mom, and me on Christmas Day, we decided to not cook, but rather to have appetizers, sandwiches, and things like that. Sounds good to me! I have 4 days off now, so I am looking forward to enjoying the holidays.


I`d like to thank these ladies for the Christmas cards I received this week:


Lisa Jo, Barb, and Shermeen!


Have a lovely Christmas, everyone, and remember - Jesus truly is the reason for the season. My prayer for you is that He remains in your hearts and lives all the year long.


Be healthy and well.


Much love,


 


   


 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...


Have you heard the (supposed to be true) story of the lady who put a pair of jeans at the bottom of her bed and asked God to fill them.  A couple of years later she met the man of her dreams, and guess what he filled those jeans perfectly. A young man hearing the story asked his Dad, if i put a bikini down the bottom of my bed, do you think God will fill that too!!
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry. May God Bless!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are really enjoying the holidays!  Have a very Merry Christmas!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your friends.  Sounds like you are enjoying the holidays.  Very uplifting entry.  I agree with you on the Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays stuff.  Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!  
Pam

Anonymous said...

Penny, Merry, merry Christmas to you and Corey and your mom.  It is so nice to see you enjoying the holiday this year in good health.  You sound like you are having a blessed Christmas this year.  Enjoy your time off with Corey.  Your Christmas appetizers sound right up my alley.  Blessings to you!  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Penny!  Enjoy every moment of it!  Take care!

Phil

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hope that you, Corey and your mom all have a joyful and blessed Christmas day today!! I am so glad i have met you thru J Land and that you are my friend. LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a special day, maybe you will get that Christian gentlemen you want in 2007 : )
Merry Christmas Penny!

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Happy Boxing Day Penny...
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny.  I was happy to hear that you got to get together with your gal pals.  I love doing that, and I am doing it a lot more now that the wedding is getting closer.  2 months and 14 days away.  Love ya, hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Katie Jane