Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year Upon Us

           


I just love this tag from Chris. Thank ya, darling!


I`ve been reading lots of journals about this year, the upcoming new year, reminiscing about the past and looking with hope to the future. I suppose I`m no different. I have things I hope to improve on and do better in 2007.


                


The year 2007 should prove to be a year of transition for myself. For one thing, my treatments for leukemia will end. It`s been a long two years. I`m excited about this and something I don`t say much - also a bit nervous about it. In this, as I try to do with all things, I will lift it up to the Lord.


I`ve made some resolutions in 3 areas of my life. All of them will involve some renewed discipline from myself: My commitment to the Lord, my weight, and my finances.


I talked to Corey on the phone today. She`s been so busy on her trip that we haven`t had much time to chat. She`s having a grand time with her group. Already she is talking about summer projects with Campus Crusade For Christ, either stateside or abroad. My shy, quiet, little girl has blossomed into a young woman who is stepping out to reach some dreams! She seems to have really grown and come into her own person these last few years.


I don`t have any big plans for tonight but I am going out to dinner ( Olive Garden here I come! ) with a friend and I may do a little shopping. I have been wanting the Taylor Hicks CD.


I got ambitious today,  (a la pre New -Year- discipline- practicing ) and took my dog for a walk. Geesh, I`m outta shape! And I`m supposed to do this daily, or at the very least several times a week?? Ugh. I mean, er, Yippee!


Can`t wait.


Really.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol.....I'm with you on the exercise front.  This is supposed to be FUN???? (lol)

I wish I could get my daughter involved in something like your daughter.  She is 18 and trying to find "her" way.  She's not a partier or a drinker or a wild thing and most kids her age are.  She is also a little turned off to religion (she says all they do is ask for more money....sigh)  and she is just trying to find her spot in life.  You are so lucky your daughter has.

Anyway, so glad your treatments are over.  2007 is going to be a JLand year for sure!!!


((hugs))
jeanne

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year, one of your best!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Do you enjoy certain restaurants,
as you so obviously enjoy Olive
Garden, on the basis partly that
the staff makes you feel welcome?
Or, Staff shows indifference? I'm
just getting around to noticing how
important it is to me to have staff
beam when our small, no doubt
irritating 'army,' comes storming in
far too loudly. When that happens
they could serve me any old shoe
and I'd be happy!

Happy New Year and a century of 'em!!

Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/

Anonymous said...

I am very out of shape too !  Maybe we'll improve in the new year ???  I always havae hopes!  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I know how proud you are of Corey..what an awesome young lady!! You and i are have some of the same goals for 2007. I pray this coming year is a GOOD yr for us all.
Enjoy O.G. and Taylor too.
love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

aaah we all have room for improvement... but I think you're great and wish you the best year ever!  Happy New Year my friend!
hug
d

Anonymous said...

Let's make this next year a good one, ok?  
Pam

Anonymous said...

Penny, I know this has to be a huge year coming up for you.  In a way, it will be nice to be done with treatments but I know it can weigh on your mind.  The Lord will indeed take care of you.  I'm having my last cigarettes tonight.  I'm motivated this time and praying deeply to have the strength and resolve.  God bless your Corey!  My Joey has also started to blossom a bit.  It's so nice to see those shy ones come into their own.  Eat something for me at the Olive Garden...yum.  Happy New Year to you, my dear friend.
Love ya,
Chris

Anonymous said...

LOL!  
I am so glad your treatments are finally DONE!
And Iunderstand the nervous part; seems as long as you are having treatment, you are doing something to fight the illness, but once the treatment stops it feels like you are just waiting...but waiting for what, you know?  I felt that about my daughter for a long time.  Now that we have passed the 4 year post treatment mark, it is a bit easier to relax.  Hope your New Year is a great one!  And have fun getting more active...really!  Jae

Anonymous said...

I was fine ... just reading my journals ... and you mention the Olive Garden and I have this OVERWHELMING need for soap and breadsticks now!  And the nearest one is 45 mintues away!!

LORI

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Penny!  I'm sure you can accomplish any goal you set for yourself!  Love and hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I like your forward looking plans and it looks like 2007 ought to be a very exciting and happy year for you knock on wood.  Take care and have a safe and sane New Year!

Phil

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy New Year:)

Deb