Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Miscellaneous Muse

   


Another very cold day here in Ohio, but no real snow to speak of. Not in my part, anyhow. I am just far enough south from the Lake Erie/Cleveland/snow belt area to escape much of the blizzard - like weather. Ofcourse, one of the other tellers at work today and myself had the fan turned on, rotating back and forth. Doesn`t matter how cold it is outside, when the hormones tell your brain to have a hot flash, the body responds! LOL


The remainder of this entry is just me and my rambling thoughts.......


1. A pet peeve of Christmas decorating:


Those huge inflatable Santas and snowmen that lay in a heap on the lawn during the day.


2. Why is it that the children play with their dozens of Christmas gifts all year long, but have forgotten about Jesus the very next day?


3. It took up many many years of my life, being happily married and raising a family. Very strong bonds.


 It took about two years for it all to crumble.


4. I love the way Sunkist orange soda fizzes in my throat.


5. My favorite gadget really is not my cell phone, digital camera, or iPod ..... it`s the 'traveler toothpick' that I carry in my purse, which I use ten times more than all those other things.


6. I love to kiss my dog in the morning when she`s asleep, smelling all warm and like a puppy.


7. The guy I broke up with treats me better now, when I`m totally fed up with it all and barely talking to him than he did when we were together. Too little too late.


  


                     


Thank you, Donna for the beautiful graphic at the beginning of this entry.  And thank you, Missie for the signature.


               

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of my friends hate those inflatable globes and Santa's. I like them....but in my neighborhood i would think a kid would knife a hole in it. I love orange soda too.
No snow here either. love,lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Everyone around here has those pretty snowglobes up.  As always, they are nice now....but closer to Xmas they will all be flat.  Guaranteed.
As for #7....me too!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I had 'white out ' conditions going to work this morning, but by afternoon the sun came out. I agree about the inflatables...There is one in the front of the Nursing Home across the street from where I work, that they leave up all the time and it was really bouncing in the wind last Friday.  I looked like it was dancing !  Have a great day tomorrow !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I think entries of random thought are sometimes the best way to get to know someone!  


:o)

LORI

Anonymous said...

LOL...Penny, I hate those huge inflatable things.  Around here it is so windy all the time that they are flat more than they are up.  What amazes me this year is that this exclusive plan of homes with the most beautiful houses has at least two or three of them in their yard.

Megan has one of those toothpicks also and lip gloss; tons of lip gloss.

And men....most don't appreciate what they had until it's gone or else it's a challenge to try to get the women back and assauge their bruised egos.

Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

penny loved this and all so true...I beleive that the true meaning of Christmas gets a little lost!
have a good day...luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

These are great thoughts for the day.  I agree that the real meaning of Christmas does get lost in this whirlwind of life that we live everyday.  I wish we could have a national "Mental Health Day" where everyone stays home from work and school and just....rests and relaxes and reflects on everything that is good!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Then you might hate me lol I have a huge 8ft inflatiable Christmas Elmo on my deck that just lays there during the day, but atleast its on the deck and covered so no one can see. I do hate it when they lay there on the lawn, looks tacky, so thats why he's hidden on the deck : )
I keep looking at my picture wall at night while the tree is all lit up in my favorite room and thinking how those are people I love dearly but don't know anymore. Family can hurt you the most, and unfortunately it takes very little time for things to crumble.
I love to snuggle with my dog on the floor while watching tv, somehow she's been able to keep her puppy smell, I just love that!
Men always treat us better when we leave, why is that??? : (

~ Jenny

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/DreamingThroughTheNoise/

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/SunshineExpressions/


Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that it is now cold in Florida too. lol  Well cold to me...probably not to you.  I like your list.  : )  Hugs and GBU, Shelly