Wednesday, November 29, 2006

`Tis the Season!

    


It`s been a busy week and I feel like I am just now getting caught up and catching my breath!


Last Wednesday I drove the 2 hours each way to pick up Corey from college. We spent Thanksgiving at home with my mom. Dinner was good even though I cooked it. :0)  Later that evening Corey and I went to visit with my friend, Sandy. It was a nice relaxing holiday.


I never shop on Black Friday -- too busy - plus, I am usually working. Well, never say never, because I did it this year. Yep, my daughter had me out right in the midst of it. She thought it was fun. LOL, it really wasn`t bad. We shopped all day. There were no lines at Walmart or Target. I did wait in line 30 minutes at Kohl`s and that`s because I found a coat that I loved ~ half price. We also hit Payless, T J Maxx, Jo Anne`s Fabrics, and then lunch at Friendly`s.


The day before Thanksgiving, Corey found a winter coat and some Cd`s at Target and some jeans and cords at Old Navy. So she is pretty much set for Christmas. I don`t have to buy for many people, so I breathe a sigh of relief once my shopping for her is done.


Saturday I had to work. Sunday it was grocery shopping and getting Corey back to school. I was just beat. Oh, did I mention I had chemo on that Tuesday? So I went to bed early every night after being busy all day. I felt good in general, it`s just that I seem to get tired easily.


I also picked up a bridal shower gift for a couple at church who are getting married on Christmas Eve. Then I found out I needed a baby shower gift for an old friend of my daughter`s. Well, they`re only 20, so how old of a friend could it really be? LOL But actually, they have known each other all their lives, as I went to high school with this girl`s dad. She calls us out of the blue - we haven`t seen her in ages - and tells us she is having a baby in February! I said, " My goodness, Rhiannon, you are making me feel old. I remember when YOU were a baby!"


So now I have 2 days off, Thursday and Friday and I`m really looking forward to it. I picked up KFC for dinner and then had a piece of cherry pie left over from Thanksgiving.I ate every single cherry out of it and left the crust.


Yep.....let the holidays begin!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I only have my son to buy for really.  I love that.  Glad you had a good time shopping.  You sound really happy  in this entry!  Glad the chemo isn't too hard on you.
Enjoy your days off and try to get some REST.
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Buying gifts for people is half the battle of christmas, (along with having to be everywhere to make everyone happty. etc. etc. )  Hence why I go to Mexico every Christmas through New Years.  No chaos at all.  Just Sun sand and Palm Trees.    :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Lord, Penny, Black Friday shopping after your chemo...you have way more stamina than I do.  Sounds like you got some good bargains.  Yum to KFC..haven't had that in a while.  Hmmm, you don't like pie crust.  I was the opposite when I was younger.  I'd scrape out the filling and eat the crust.  LOL...looks like those holidays are beginning no matter what.  Dec. 1st is just around the bend.  Enjoy your days off.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

I'm with you -- I'm ready for the holidays and even though everything is not ready for them, I am.  I consider the fun of shopping wrapping, baking and cooking part of the fun times. Enjoy your two days off !   'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

falalalalalala have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I had never gone shopping on black friday before this year.  My MIL loves to shop and since we were with her on Friday...well you guessed it.  I won't admit it to her, but I had an OK time.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/WaterfallTrekking/

Anonymous said...

Having had the chemo you are doing remarkably well and I hope continued success during your recovery.    I am just coming back to some normality after the change from very warm to cold and rainy.    The past several days were awful for my back here in S. Illinois.     Now I have the woodburner going and am feeling better.    I may even accomplish something indoors today.     I am glad your Thanksgiving was a good one.    I had a friend over and made microwave pre-cooked ham slice with cheese on top.    Boiled some green beans.    And we each had a bagel.     Simple but good and I considered it well spent Thanksgiving Day.    He had not been out to see my home construction for some time and enjoyed seeing the progress.    I have my worker to do the heavy lifting but the stress gets to me even at the slow pace of a few hours a week.    As long as I see progress I am happy.    I am saving a lot of money by doing what I can myself.   Best wishes to you and your family during this Christmas Season!    mark

Anonymous said...

We are having snow days here..so no school tomorrow..am staying in bed late...that is if the kids let me..I didn't shop this Black Friday either...too tired and too hectic this year...LOL..Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure have had a lot going on!! I hope you have had some rest these two days.....sounds  like you are about set for Christmas...good for you. Megan loves KFC...her fav! Take it easy my friend.
LOVE, lisa