Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tuesday`s Tidings

    


I have had the past four days off work. I love to have time to do things. I treasure it. I love that I am all caught up with things I needed to get done. ( well, almost )  For years I never ever had enough time ..... always busy, always running, working ..... Now I am single, my daughter is in college, but I do have to spend time helping to care for my mother. This is not easy. For the most part I suppose we get along, but then again we have our moments. We are nothing alike. Night and day! So there are issues. But it`s okay.


                      


Today we went out to lunch and then to a couple stores and then to her doctor appointment. Her eyes have gotten very bad, she`s nearly blind in one eye. She uses a walker. Everything that I`d like for her to remember she`s forgotten, and things that I wish she`d never bring up again from twenty years ago she still talks about! In some ways she acts very childish. I suppose anyone reading this who helps care for an aging parent knows what I mean. But she raised me and cared for me so now it`s my turn to do my share.


                       


I had made a doctor`s appointment for myself today as well for this cold/sinus/throat thing that I`ve had going on. But I felt fine today so I canceled! :0)


Starting tomorrow I`m going to be busy. I`m working Wednesday through Saturday and I`m picking up my daughter on Thusday from college after work. She`s two hours away. Thank God she`s not any further away than that! It seems like I`m driving there quite often. Not that I`m complaining!


Thereare just so many wonderful tag journals here in J-land now!! Especially with the winter/ Christmas season upon us. If I saved every single graphic that I liked I`d probably have enough to last me through several Christmas seasons. LOL


Thanks to Cab's Creations ( Chris ) for the top tag.....  D's Designs ( Donna ) for the bells ...... and   Roxy's Links and Graphics ( Shelly ) for the sig tag. You ladies ROCK!


Love & God bless,


            

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

glad you feel better:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about your mother, Penny.  My mother and I would have many problems co-existing.  Glad you got some time off to get some things done.  Megan has finals up until the 21st this year and a very short break.  You will have a very long day on Thursday but how nice to have Corey back with you again.  I know you can't wait.  Hope that throat of yours stays fine.  Yikes, I'm still floating.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

As our parents get older, we all experience just about the same things...But we love them and can overlook a lot.  I'm sure they did the same when we were little. The circle just keeps on going around.  I'm glad my days of picking up college kids is over.  At one time I had 3 in 3 different colleges.  All about 2 hours away. One east , one west and one south of home...I had a van then and it sure paid for its self over and over with all the transporting .  Glad you are feeling better !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

they ARE all awesome ladies who make wonderful tags.
I am glad you have time to yourself....i dont know what it is like to deal with an aging parent....you are a wonderful daughter though. Soon i guess i will know the pain of Megan being hrs away at college. I have no idea how i will make it without her here.
love,lj

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.  I took care of my mom when she was ill. It's definitely a challenge like no other.  When she became bedridden I announced that it's worse than taking care of a baby.  A baby's body is lighter...smaller. They cry but don't demand things there own way.  
A parent demands things....talks back....has a bigger more awkward body to handle.  It's WAY harder.  
You're  a good daughter.
Have a good night.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I helped take care of my dad while he was sick and it was so hard to turn the tables and be the caregiver to someone who used to take care of you!  You're a greast daughter though and your mom is lucky to have you.

My daughter is finished up with classes and finals tomorrow.  Then she comes home until January 15th!  I'm so excited...even though she only goes to school about 40 minutes away and is home alot of weekends anyway! (lol)

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the peek(s) into your
life. You're courageous to allow us
that privilege. Americans, I believe,
or rather, have always thought, tend
to be more open than even Canadians,
ha ha. For example, and this is a guess,
Americans have been more into therapy,
psychoanalysis, enlightenment seminars
and public confessions than have other
English speaking peoples.

Because I have written fiction, and hope to
again, I'd like to write about my mother. The
subject is a gold mine of subjects. She died
when I was fourteen (14). Family, of course,
is where it's at. The nitty gritti, what makes
the wheels spin. But, that is dangerous ground.
Supposing one gets it wrong?!

Happy Holidays!

Barry


Anonymous said...

Don`t do too much in the next few days you want to be fit and fine for Christmas you take care.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

P.S. Love the song! :o)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all that stuff you have to do this week!  And I completely forgot about making those tags.  Deja vu. lol  Love and hugs, Shelly

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It is nice that you are helping with your Mom.  It is hard, I know.  You are a good daughter...Jae

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny...thank you so much for the Christmas card.  I love it...
Glad to know you got stuff done and are feeling better.
Love ya lots,
KJ