Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Have A Seat and Relax

 


Hello there! Won`t you join me on the porch? There`s a lovely breeze. Can I get you something to drink? Iced tea, lemonade, a soda, coffee?


   


It was a lovely day here in Ohio - about 83 degrees and sunny. A beautiful day to be off work and oh, did I enjoy it! My mom and I went to lunch and ran a few errands. I vacuumed my car and washed it. Then I went to Walmart to buy a few groceries. ( okay ... and a shirt ... )


Then I came home and spread another bag of mulch. I`ll be happy when I get all that done. Now there`s a thunder storm heading our way. One of the neighbor boys was in the middle of mowing our lawn but had to hold off until tomorrow because of the rain. At least the front is done. My gosh, it grows like crazy, esp in the spring!


I hope you`ve all had a nice day.


Be safe & God bless!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That veranda and drink looks very inviting, i could sit there and while away an hour or two, but it's 11.38pm in the UK and i am off to  bed.  Goodnight.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Now that's where I would be spending my day - with a glass of Ice Tea, please.  So this is where Penny's Pieces of Ohio begin!  Sounds like you had a happy day.  Isn't this weather beautiful - Makes ya just want to plant! -Take care of you and yours always, Katie

Anonymous said...

do you like the purses at WM? I often think of you as i walk thru the purse aisles there. I hate all their purses but its not WM's fault....i can never find a purse i like. My part of Ohio is getting black! We may be getting your rain. I wonder if Columbus is raining? Just think, when Meg leaves i will be worrying about the weather where she is at all the time. SIGH.
LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

It's been storming all evening .  Hope all is well by your house.  South of here got some funnel clouds and wind damage.  I love the porch picture.  Next to the beach, my porch is the second best thing.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day off!
Pam

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day you had .  

Anonymous said...

what a great day:) have a good hump day:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day.  Now why did you come home with a new shirt and not a new pocket book to match?

Greg

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Pass me some lemonade, please, Ms. Penny.  Love that porch! Boy would I give anything to have a porch that lovely.

We had a huge storm move through last night but the weather today is lovely.  High 60's and sunny.  Yesterday was so warm and humid.  I'm wanting to get my mulching done but there is so much weed whacking first.

Actually, this hasn't been a bad week.  I'm off today and Friday to take Megan to the airport.  Some relaxation in store for me.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Spring days are great, aren't they?  This is my favorite time of year.  One day everything is still brown and half-dead, then it seems like all of a sudden one day everything is blooming colors.  It is so pretty around here right now.
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Vino, vino the sun has got it`s hat on here in Scotland! And it looks like it`s staying lol! Not like us but it is nice to have the sun makes you feel good all over.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

h