Monday, May 21, 2007

Free Lunch, Pretty Drinks, and Great Mirth

So I haven`t done an entry in over a week and AOL goes and changes everything on me!


I just wrote a very looong entry and deleted it by mistake.    <kicking self>


Anyhow, my Mother`s Day was nice. I picked up Corey from college. Three years completed - where did the time go? We had a nice lunch at TGI Friday`s.


It seems like I`ve been busy ever since. I`ve picked up some extra hours at work too. Because of that and the fact that I got some good referrals, my manager and asst manager took me and another teller out to lunch on Friday. I thought that was very nice.


My branch did well last year so on Saturday night we all got together to celebrate. ( better late than never. ) We went to a bar/restaurant and had lots of food and drinks. There was ping pong to play, pool, and darts. I had my first drink in over 2 years. Now that my treatments are finished for leukemia I treated myself to a glass of white wine. Everyone cheered and clapped for me! It felt pretty darn good! Then I had what one of my co-workers calls a 'pretty drink' - a strawberry daiquiri. Yummy.  :)


Sunday was a big day at our church. we celebrated its 20-year anniversary. We buried a time capsule that will be unearthed in another 20 years. We had special singers and a guest speaker. The children planted a tree. We honored those in our church who serve in the military. I made a collage of all our college students that was hung in the church foyer.


In the book of Nehemiah, there is a portion that speaks of a great celebration ... eating and drinking, rejoicing and great mirth. ( I love that word! )  So that`s what we did. We had a covered dish lunch and a time of fellowship. It was quite nice.


I don`t like what has happened to me this week for the first time - swollen feet and ankle! UGH! What do I do to prevent this??


Well, this entry isn`t as long as the one I deleted <Grrrrr> but it`s enough for now.


I missed you guys!!


Love & God bless,


Penny


 


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your moms day was a good one and that you had a good day at church. Sounds like work is doing well too. Glad you got that drink too. I love it when good things happen to you!
Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me when I came back online. AOL is always a step ahead of me. Sometimes I don't mind- mostly I do, because they never tell you when they are going to do something. It's so nice to hear that you're doing so well.
Blessings, love * prayers,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to think you were on vacation.  I'm glad things are going so well for you.  I don't know about the swollen feet and ankles, but sometimes that means cut back on the salty stuff.  Hot humid weather always does it to me, but it hasn't been hot here for sure.  I does sound like we'll be getting warmer though.
Take good care !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been having fun, tho busy. :)
AOL does like to change stuff around & not let anyone know in advance. GRRR
Swollen enkles, could be water retention, and you might want to cut back on salt. Also, keep your feet elevated every chance you get & see if that helps, if conts check with your Dr...may need to give you a diuretic.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I get swollen ankles and feet pretty often.  It's not water but nerve irritation because my bones are displaced.  I'm wearing orthotics which helps some.  I especially get it going on trips and that will involve my calf too.   Glad you had a nice weekend.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sending you an e-mail! Talk to you soon! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun last week.  I'm so glad you are off the chemo just in time for summer, so you can really enjoy it.  I can't believe Corey is three years into college.  Boy do I feel old.  I still have a photo of me holding her as a wee one.  Have a good one
betsy

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back again, Penny.  Wow, that seemed like just yesterday when you were mentioning your church's anniversary.  And all your work get togethers...whoo hoo to some wine.  Sounds like you've been really busy.  I'm not sure about your ankle and feet.  I don't seem to have that problem although now that I've said this, you know I will.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Swollen feet and ankles?? Watch your fluid and salt intake and keep 'em elevated.  And if it continues then call your Doc.

I love time capsules! What fun!  
Have a good night...
Pam

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny~I hope that your swollen ankles have gone down by now! I used to get that from just even sitting at the computer too long...I love how Jesus participated in and encouraged celebration. It makes me ::::::::::smile::::::::::::::Did you know that one little thing you mentioned to me has helped me so much?
Read the entry if you get time. Have a good hump day and rest of the week. God Bless~Deb ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/sassys-private-words