Sunday, April 29, 2007

Faux La La


Happy weekend, everyone! It is a beautiful sunny day here in Ohio. After church I stopped at the store, then came home and made dinner - roasted chicken, baked beans, pasta and potato salad.


I got some summer things out of the shed to put on the patio - chimes, garden figurines, things like that. I would do some more yard work and mulching, but I do my best to honor the Lord`s day and not work, so I will get that done later in the week.


By the way, here is a picture of my faux flower arrangement that I said I was making a few entries back:



It`s rather large and simple. I`m happy with the way it turned out, though.


Last night I had breakfast for dinner. I met an old friend at iHop and we chatted forever. Her and I met back in grade school .... 3rd or 4th grade. Wow! I saw her for the first time in years about 2 years ago. Then the other day I received an email from her asking if Id like to get together again. I`m glad I did, as I really enjoyed it!


I finished reading vinegar Hill by Manette Ansay. She`s a very good writer although the book itself was somewhat dysfunctional and disturbing. Now I am reading a new book by one of my favorite authors, Maeve Binchy. The book is called Whitehorn Woods. I love her! All of her books are good. I signed up for this thing at the library where I list all my favorite authors - then when they come out with a new book, one is automatically reserved for me. How cool is that?!


This is a picture I took of Mandy that turned out weird. I am standing outside looking in through the door at her, which is why you see reflections of the patio table and chairs. Mandy looks almost surreal, like a ghost dog.



Cute as a button, that wittle face. Muah. Muah.


Did you hear about these peaceful protests that were going on in cities across America this past weekend where people camp out in parks to protest about people takenout of their homes and forced to live in camps in Africa?  My daughter participated in this in Pittsburgh this weekend. They slept in a tent that they made out of cardboard and tarps. She said it was cold and muddy from Saturdays rain, but they had a good time.


Anyhow, I`m off to read journals


Love & God bless,


    


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops, always forget something...love your "faux" flower arrangement.  Roses are one of my favorites.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I didn't hear about that protest.  You'd have thought living in Pgh I would have.  Was she in the actual city?

Love the picture of Mandy.  LOL...the first thing I thought was ghost doggie.  Also love your art at the top.

I was looking at my deck today and just sighed.  It needs a major overall with Olympic stain or something...ugh.  The day was lovely though.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day !  I had a grand time visiting  and enjoyed some hours in the sun.  I do love your flower arrangement !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

love the flowers.....i love the idea of what your library does for you, how cool! I have a good friend behind the desk at mine and she will automatically reserve a book she knows i like the author but no way is it as cool as your library. Good for your daughter, i am proud of her!
Have a blessed week. LOVE, lj

Anonymous said...

I think your flower arrangement is beautiful.  Mandy looks as though she's enjoying Penny's Pieces of Ohio and anxiously awaiting your sunday night dinner- what a sweet looking puppy.  Isn't it wonderful to spend time catching up - Happy to hear you enjoyed your visit.  I hope your week ahead is filled with the same good feelings! Take care of you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Hello Penny,

I have to say that I love this picture of the blue sky and the blue flowers. I wish I could have this to hang in my room. The colors are so very amazing in this picture. What is the name of this picture by the way ??? It was a beautiful sunny day here as well in Atlanta, Georgia. I worked all day today with my coworkers. I love Summertime its nice to feel the warm sun again after a long time being cold. We haven't had as much pollen here these days which I am happy about. I'm glad you had a nice time with your friend. I have never read Vinegar Hill or any of Maeve Binchy's books. I am in the middle of reading yet another Janet Evanovich book she is my favorite author I enjoy her books and her humor. Mandy is a cute dog I like this shot. Thanks again for sharing this part of your life. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Your doggie is so cute.  I hope you have a good day today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Looks ghoslty and as if she has gone right through the middle of the table!! brilliant pic Penny.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

sounds like corey is making the most of her college experience-good for her!  love the painting and your flowers.  IHOP, oh no, that place is deadly, I don't allow myself to go there-too delicious!
betsy