Saturday, May 12, 2007

For The Moms

     


I thought I would say Happy Mother`s Day to everyone now since I won`t be home until later in the day tomorrow.


I`m blessed to have a mother who always took good care of me and still tells me to this day that she loves me. I have two very early memories of me with my mom. The first one is : I am laying in my crib as a baby and was sick. She was taking my temperature.


The second one is : We were going somewhere, not sure where, but I was wearing a dress. I must have been about three years old. My mom lifted me up and sat me on the table and then she put shiny black patent leather shoes on me. They were always my favorite when I was little! Such a simple thing, but it`s one of my favorite memories.


My own daughter was a surprise. By that I mean she came two months early! She weighed in at 2 pounds 11 onuces. When I went home from the hospital I couldn`t bring Corey home then as she was too small. How I cried.


She had to stay in the hospital for six weeks. Then she was able to come home - happy and healthy - at a whopping 4 and 1/2 pounds!


Being  a mother is challenging. There`s no foolproof instruction manual on how to raise a child. But one thing I always told myself was - I need to do this right.  Corey only gets one childhood and I want to be there for her, I want it to be a happy one.


We`ve had our ups and downs like everyone else, but I`ve always loved being a mom. My 'baby' is now 20 years old. She`s away at college and we still talk on the phone at least once a day.


Whatever your situation is I hope all you moms are able to enjoy your special day.


 


 


Love and hugs,


 


   (Jenny, you rock!)


 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Penny and your mom also.  Corey is so lucky to have you for a mother, and you are blessed with Corey.  I also have some early recollections of my mother.  Hope you have a super day tomorrow!  (Love that cell phone...yowsa, yowsa!)  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day to you!
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny~Happy Mother's Day to you also. I enjoyed your entry and just trying to catch up at least on the journals who comment to me..I love leaving MySpace graphic comments, but lately the computer is sooooo slow to load to run out of patience. Blessings, Deb;-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you have a good mom and your daughter is an angel! You are such a good person and a great mom. I hope today is a very special day for you.
LOVE,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!  I agree - being a mom is something I've always loved too !  My baby is 27 now and that does seem impossible, but true.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Wise words from a wise mama...hope you had the best Mother's day ever...have a great rest of the week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I'm just now geting around to putting journal alerts on.  Hope you had a great Mother's Day!
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success