Monday, May 7, 2007

Flip Flop Frenzy


Here`s what`s happening in Penny`s piece of Ohio :


Current temp:  71 degrees


Current gas price:  $3.09


Current weight loss for me:  6 pounds!!


Current read:  Whitehorn Woods by Maeve Binchy 


 


So today my mom wanted to go out to lunch and to Payless Shoes. I had nothing to do so I took her. Wouldn`t you know I found a purse on sale and flip flops?? I LOVE flip flops almost as much as I love purses! The picture at the top shows my latest purchase.  :0)


Today I received a call from the Cleveland Clinic saying I was late for my chemo appointment and was I coming in for it? No, I won`t be coming in for it, as I had my last one in April thank you very much. My doctor said he would cancel it but obviously he didn`t.


I`d much rather be out buying purses and flip flops.


 


Yesterday after church I went out to lunch with some friends. We had a nice time at Cracker Barrell. ( I had a chef salad. ) I have been trying to walk some and eat healthier. Even so I was surprised when I weighed myself today that I had lost 6 pounds! I pretty much eat whatever I want for lunch then I try to eat a reasonable dinner, nothing huge - and something for breakfast because I have to eat to start my day. My snacks have been fewer and further between and they normally consist of celery, strawberries, pretzels, popcorn, or yogurt. I know the weight is not going to come off fast, but some of it MUST come off. 


Tomorrow is another day off for me, yet I have to go in for an hour and a half for a meeting at 7am. Huh? Well, actually, I don`t HAVE to, they said they would postpone it if I couldn`t make it in. But I said no biggie. I didn`t really have plans for that time slot other than sleeping !


On Mother`s Day I will be on the road again. This is Corey`s last week of school, so I`ll be picking her up and bringing her home. :)


My church is having its 20 - yearanniversary this month and we have all sorts of cool things lined up. One thing that I was asked to do is to make a collage of all the kids from our church who are currently in college. So I have been rounding up photos from everyone and what school they are attending and what their major is. I think I`m going to buy a big frame and some type of fabric to use for the background. Then put the kids` pictures and info, some scrapbooking things to do with school and maybe some buttons or ribbons for decoration. Maybe a little glitter and a Bible verse. Anyhow, I am excited about doing this. I want to make it look good.


Another thing we are doing is making a time capsule to bury in the lawn and we will open it up again in another 20 years, God willing. The little children are going to plant a tree and some flowers. We`re also doing a tribute collage to our military personnel and we`ll be having a lunch that day and taking pics of the festivities. I love all the ideas everyone came up with.


Take care & God bless.


Thanks to Donna at D`s Designs for the top tag and to Toni`s Tags for the one below.


  (((HUGS)))


 



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 6 lbs! WOO HOO!  :)
Sounds like you & Mom had a fun time & enjoyed your day! I like flip flops too, have sooo many...but find the past 2 yrs I keep stumbling when I wear them...guess cause I can't pick my feet up very high when walking.
Nice things going on at church I see.
Have a good week.
Blessings,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for the weight loss...and so happy to see that you bought a new purse, its about time!  I think its a very neat idea to do a time capsule.  The way things are changing, the next 20 years will be like the last 50, so there is no telling how you will view the archaic stuff from right now.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I love flip flops, but still need some polish on the toenails before I put them on. Today was lovely here and after a chilly start it warmed up pretty nice. I'm hoping it stays that way now.  I know you'll like having your daughter home and doing lots of things with her. 'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a fun time at church.  We celebrate our 75th anni next year, not sure what the plans are yet.
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love the purchases - then again I LOVE SHOES!!!! You are soooo talented, that I know your projects with the children will show just that!  Hope your Mother's Day is warm and full of love!  Congratulations on the 6 lbs!!! You go girl! Have a wonderful week ahead! God Bless you and yours - always!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The more you see the pounds come off, the easier it is to stick with it.  I have lost 26 pounds since January, I finally found a diet I can live with...the "monday-friday" diet, then on weekends I eat what I want.  It may take a little longer, but that's ok, I don't have to lose my mind in the process.  There are so many cute flip-flops out there, but I have never been able to deal with the between-the-toes thing.  And they are so inexpensive you don't have to feel guilty for buying them...
Have fun with all your projects!
Betsy

Anonymous said...

WTG on the weight loss:) our church is getting ready to celebrate its 100th anniversary in june:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

WTG on the weight loss!  Yesterday was my first day of healthy eating again.  Love those flip flops.  I have the ugliest toes known to mankind so no one ever sees them..hehe.  You really have a nice, busy time ahead of you.  Your church things sound like lots of fun.  Enjoy this nice weather..Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I love the new purse and flip flops. You're ready for summer now!  Sounds like you will be busy with Church activities. I like the idea of a time capsule. We did that in our Senior year of High School and then opened it on the 20yr reunion.  Wow...that made me feel old! LOL!
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What nice things that you are involved in at your church. I bet you are glad to be getting to see Corey on Mothers Day. I like flip flops too but rarely wear them.
love,lisa