Friday, May 25, 2007

Holiday Weekend Begins


 


Thanks to Donna for the tag. Isn`t it the cutest??!


Happy holiday weekend to all of you!


Any plans?


I`m working tomorrow. After church on Sunday I`m having a couple friends over for pizza. No plans for Monday, Memorial Day, other than my mom wants to go out to breakfast.


I got so much done today. The temps were right around 80 degrees. I bought hanging baskets of impatients. So pretty! I also got my hair cut and so did Corey. I bought some shiny pink polish for my tootsies. :0)


Yesterday when I arrived home from work Corey had dinner all ready. Yum. I could get used to that. She made chicken breast, peas and rice. Then she baked blueberry muffins. I`m not sure who she gets the cooking jag from - certainly not me! Her grandma, most likely.


I made a doctors appointment to see about my swollen ankle - but I can`t get in until June 11th! Today I wore capris and flip flops and I kept looking down at my left foot to check on the swelling. Really bugs me.


I`m reading a good book called Body Surfing. It`s the latest one by Anita Shreve. It`s about two brothers in love with the same woman. I love the way she tells a story. This particular family lives in a grand home in New Hampshire. It has a bit of a history, as characters from some of her other books have lived in this same home throughout the years. Kind of a cool thing that you wouldn`t know unless you have read some of her other books.


Gas went down 10 cents here. It`s now $3.39. I was going to wash my car today ( Corey and my mom both say it`s clean as can be, but they`re not looking at it with my critical eye. lol ) but the weather is calling for thunder showers tonight, so I didn`t.


I`m off to read a few journals and relax. I have to be up early tomorrow for work and I`m a bit tired. However, I have noticed an increase in energy since I`m all done with the leukemia treatments!


Have a lovely weekend.


God bless!


 


 


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holiday to you too !  I'm off to my Dad's Sat. and Sun then hopefully work outside in the yard on Monday.  Your relaxing days off sound great to me.
'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed weekend my friend.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Reading the exact same book!!!!! - Love her reads!! Nails always look Pretty in Pink ~ I'd have to say!  How nice is that, to come home to a home cooked meal made with and out of sooo much love (always seems to taste better). No need to wash the wheels, as there shall be rain, But it's ok - We can always wash the car later!  I hope your night is a restfull one so that your day tomorrow seems lite. Have a Happy Holiday weekend, but most of all Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hate when the doctor's make you wait for an appt.  I sure hope you can get that taken care of.  I know it has to be on your mind.  

Yum, Corey is a cook.  So is Megan.  She's been cooking since she was a wee one and good stuff, too.  She even makes yummy gluten free stuff.

Enjoy your weekend.  I'm picking Megan up today but I didn't get her email :(  I found out that some of my mail isn't coming through.  Ugh...another AOL glich I suspect.  I sort of have an idea of when her flight is landing but I dont like the sort of thingie.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love the cute cow. :-).  We are all going to a pentecost global prayer day at a local football ground.  Should be good and noisy. Have a blessed sunday.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend. Gas here $9 / gallon

Anonymous said...

i have a friend who makes terrible fun of me whenever i mention Anita Shreve....her books make me want to run into traffic...i cry for days after finishing! Good for you when Corey cooks...enjoy the pampering. Does your city have a Memorial Day parade? We do and i LOVE it! Love you too,
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling so good! The weather here in Scotland is WET, WILD & WINDY!! enjoy your 80 degrees! have a good Sunday luv bella xx