Friday, February 2, 2007

Sometimes......

              


 


Not often, but sometimes, I mourn the fact that I do not have a male companion. You know, when all the things I do just seem too much for one person .... or perhaps on a holiday ..... or all the trips I make back and forth for my treatment, or to visit my daughter. It would be nice to have someone to share events with and to chat with. However, there are times - many of them, in fact - when I am totally happy being single. Days like today, where I was off from work and had a day to myself to lunch, shop, relax at home. No obligations and nobody I have to please.


Most things have their ups and their downs. Being single is one. So is being married. You know I am still lôôking for that Christian gentleman,    :)     but until he comes along, I`m rather content.


                        


My brother and his wife ( and let`s not forget their puppy ) were here visiting from Indy the past two days. It was nice to see them again. This morning my brother was backing his car up into the driveway. I am sitting at my desk paying bills when I hear a loud BOOM! I slip on my shoes and run outside.  ( It`s 22 degrees, no coat needed - lol. ) I was sure he had backed into my new car. Whew.....it was the pole on the side of the car port. I wouldn`t have been mad anyhow - I love him way too much - but I`m sure glad it wasn`t my car he hit! No damage done to his car, although the pole is now dented. It sure is quiet now, with 2 less people in the house and especially one less puppy! My Mandy ( Cocker Spaniel ) really doesn`t seem too impressed with her "cousin", although by the second day they did seem to be friends.


                        


 


Yeah, so, I`m kinda hooked on MySpace. I worked on my page last evening and left some comments to others. I guess I`ve gotten the hang of it now.


Thanks to Donna for the top elephant tag. I just love it! Please say a prayer for 2 of my favorite ladies in J-Land who have been sick -


Sugar and Pam. I know they would appreciate it. ( I hope you`re feeling better soon! )


Have a great weekend!!!!!


Love & God bless,


      penny

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it be cheesy to say good things come to those who wait?  Have a good weekend!

LORI


Who I am… underneath it all:  
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

Precious Metal (A Spiritual Journal)
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal

Anonymous said...

I bet you enjoyed the company......its always nice to see family. I hope Mr. Right walks right into your life SOON.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

so glad you got to visit with your brother and his wife:) and puppy too:) enjoy your weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

I do understand where you are coming from...an empty house really echos back at you especially after I've had some of the family home for awhile.  You just never know though what surprises a new day may birng.  I've decided that after all these years I will probably stay single...too old now.  I had one great love of my life and should be thankful for that much...But you just never know!
'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I can understand.  I'm very happy being single, but every once in a while it would be nice to be in a couple.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to see your family.  What fun!  Thanks for the good wishes regarding my being sick.  You're a sweetie for doing that.
Have a great weekend.
Love ya,  Pam

Anonymous said...

Dang, Penny, don't be leaving us for MySpace.  I just can't get the hang of it all over there.  It must have been so nice to see your brother again but whew to your car not being hit.  Glad no one was hurt.  

You are right about the man thing.  It's nice to have someone to share your life with but it's also very nice not to have to answer to anyone.  So many pros and cons.  The longer I'm on my own, the more set in my ways I get.  

I just found out that Sugar is still really ill but didn't realize Pam wasn't better.  Will be saying my prayers.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

I can imagine that it would be nice to be alone once in a while.  But I think someday your perfect man will come. : )  Sorry bout the car accident. and I didn't know Sugar and Pam were sick, thanks!  Shelly

Anonymous said...

A least the car stayed intact! and I`ve been to Sugars journal  say get well soon I`ve been keeping up with her recent mishaps. have a good Sunday.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your brother.  I know you miss them a lot.  I know what you mean about the companionship issue.  Even being married, sometimes you want to be single, if only for a day or two.  That right gentleman will come around if it is God's will.  Have a good Sunday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm just happier when I'm sharing my life with someone, I have always been one of those people that loves being in a relationship. Being single I walk around with this feeling all that time that something is missing and it is. Getting used to it I guess though..... I sure do hope you find that nice Christian man this year, maybe he will have a brother?? lol
It's always nice to see family, I know you miss your brother so it's good to hear you got to see him, hopefully again soon.
People keep telling me to get on myspace, seems everyone is hooked, even you now : )
Have a good week Penny!

~ Jenny


Anonymous said...

h