Monday, February 5, 2007

C-c-c-cold Monday

         


 


Okay, it`s officially cold here in Ohio!


Even by my standards.


This morning I awoke to the sound of a loud BOOM! It`s not my brother backing up in the driveway, so what could it be? My neighbors had a guest staying overnight and she parked her car on the street. Someone ran right into it! I live in a quiet neighborhood. The streets are wide, hardly anyone parks on the street, ever. Maybe that`s how he hit her car, just wasn`t paying attention and wasn`t expecting it to be there. Still, I don`t really see how you could miss a car. Right in front of you.


 


I`m off soon to run some errands..... library, Walmart, and lunch with a friend. I did absolutely nothing yesterday and I slept a lot, so I`m itching to get out today, despite the cold.


  


I`ve had myself on a budget lately. Notice I haven`t bought any new purses or gone clothes shopping much. Last pay all I spurged on was some Flair markers, because I love pens/markers. And I bought my daughter and her roomie a few things for Valentine`s Day. They will each get a small surprise package in the mail. Everything else went to bills or savings.


Ta-Ta for now. I have to go. Stay warm!


 


  penny    

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your outing - it's so cold  that I hate going out, but will have to get gas and stop at the store on the way home from work too.  brrrchill ! 'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hope your car isn't next : ) Be safe and stay warm, freezing my tushy off here too!! lol

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Brrr...Penny, it is frigid still here.  -8 this morning, and my bus didn't show up so home I went.  Only two people showed up at the office today when I called.  I did my errands yesterday.  Today I "vegged" and did nothing but try and stay warm.  The house was so drafty.  

Those booms have got to be keeping your nerves on edge.  Someone was probably driving far too fast and hit an ice spot.

Corey will love her little goodie stuff.  I'm getting one ready to sent to Megan.  Love ya and keep warm, Chris

Anonymous said...

stay warm:) and have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that lady had her car hit!
Yes, it is so cold.....i can not stand this! My car needs a bath desperately.
I hope you are able to get a purse or some goodie for yourself soon.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Everyone's talking about the cold. It's actually cold here too! Not as bad, but still pretty cold.  That is so sweet of you to send Valentine's packages to your daughter and her friend.  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

That is a loud sound when the cars hit.  Scary!  Shopping with a friend sounds refreshing.   Love your graphics.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Bills and savings sound like a GREAT way to spend money. that's what i'd be doing if only i earned enough!!!

Poor car owner, imagine waking to find your cars been hit. never cool. i hope the person stuck around.

Shermeen xx

Anonymous said...

Your daughter and her roomie will enjoy getting a little Valentine treat!  That's so sweet!
Sorry about that car.  Man...just plowed into it?  Wow!  
Stay warm and nave a good week.
Pam

Anonymous said...

h