Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lots of Driving

 


Yesterday was a good yet frustrating day. I visited my daughter at college, drove the couple hours to get there. We had many errands to run, some in parts of the city I had never been to. The streets had not been plowed, there was snow everywhere. Visibility on the highways was tough, too, as it was still snowing. I got lost about 3 times. Turning around on side roads was no easy feat, as there was snow and ice everywhere, and many people trying to shovel their cars out!


I gave up trying to find one store we needed to get to for art supplies. But we did manage to get to the post office, Panera for lunch, Jo Ann Fabrics, Best Buy, Walmart, and Red Robin for dinner. Traffic everywhere. Too many one - way streets. Snow everywhere. More snow falling. No place to park at my daughter`s apartment due to snow all over the streets.


But we did have a nice time together. We always do.


I got two CD`s yesterday ; Chris Daughtry, which I haven`t listened to yet and a band that I just heard of that I seem to really love called Umbrellas. WOW!!! Love them!!


http://www.myspace.com/umbrellas  


Best CD I have heard in a long time.


 


Anyhow, I was beat when I finally got home  last night. I went to bed at 10:00 and woke up at 11:30 this morning. I hated to miss church, but really felt the need to rest up. ( what else is new ) But I felt great today.


Tomorrow is chemo and bloodwork. Man, that monthly visit to the Cleveland Clinic comes up fast!


My car is a total mess. It`s covered with snow, salt, mush, goo, and road trip miscellaneous items picked up along the way. lol. I`ll have to wash it tomorrow. I just can`t take a dirty car. Drives me nuts.


Goodnight all!


Oh, like the tag above? Want to make your own?


http://www.signgenerator.org/books/dummies/


 


 


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound and got the much needed rest.  I know that all that driving in unfavorable weather takes a lot out of a person.  Have a safe trip tomorrow.  I think the weather is supposed to be really nice for a change. 'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip, take care, MISSY

Anonymous said...

LMAO!  Great book.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

ROFL at the tag you made!  That fits me to a "T."  Yesterday, I was so frustrated trying to load filters for PSP into my pc.  After messing around for hours and putting them all over the pc, I got them to work only to be stuck again trying to animate the sparkles and crap in the program.

Isn't this snow just the most frustrating thing?  It just keeps falling daily and piling up.  Glad you got to visit and got back safely.  Be careful with your trip to Cleveland although around here it is supposed to start warming.  My car is still dirty because it got so frigid.  I was afraid the rubber would freeze around the doors.  I'm thinking about getting it done today.

Love the Umbrella song.  You find the best cd's.  Be safe today...
Love ya,
Chris

Anonymous said...

LOL on the tag. Too funny!!  Glad you had a good time. The driving sounds so treacherous, though!  I don't think I could do all of that in the snow. No way!
Have a good day and get some rest if you can.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back safely. No wonder you were tired.
Hope your chemo and bloodwork aren't too bad.
Angie
x

Anonymous said...

Hope your visit at the clinic went well.
luv bella x

Anonymous said...

I have found so many great bands on myspace, I will check out the link you posted. You will love the Chris Daughtry CD. I got it the day it came out and have been listening to it since, one of those CD's you never get tired of. I can't wait for him to put out another one.
I hope you have rested from all your traveling.

~ Jenny