Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday, A Day Off

     


Today was a day off work for me. I slept in obscenely late .... I won`t even tell you just how late!


So I had lunch at Wendy`s and did some grocery shopping at Walmart. I finished the book I mentioned in my last entry, My Sister`s Keeper. Wow, what an ironic twist at the end!  And since I am a total bookworm, I have already started reading The Summons by Grishom. I think it`s going to be good.


I found out if you go to AOL Settings and go to Environment, that you can get your own personalized greeting when you sign on or get mail. Now this man says to me,"Welcome, Penny. " He sounds nice, like he could be kinda cute. <looking around for him....>


I used to fly quite often. When I lived in NY, we flew out to California every winter. Or I`d take a quick trip to Boston, or wherever. Then, oddly, I developed a profound dislike/fear of flying. ( I attribute this to a horribly scary flight I once had. ) I bring this up because sometimes lately I dream that I am on an airplane. Usually it is huge, bigger than even the very large planes with several rows. The strange thing is, it has huge windows, like picture windows, on three sides, so I am seeing the entire sky stretched out in front of me and on both sides. It`s not a comfortable feeling. Not scary exactly, but unnerving. Kind of like the feeling one gets standing on the rim of a mountain highway looking down.....down....down.....afraid that you might fall or jump.


Anyway, I`m off to finish laundry and see why Mandy is barking (again. )


Have a good night!


Penny        


 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice day off.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

It's nice to be able to sleep in, especially if one works. I used to look forward to my days off - always planned something spectacular, then found myself sleeping in, catching up on my reading, visiting friends, instead. Your day off sounds nice. And so does The Summons by Grishon. I just might check that one out.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

i dont like to fly either...i am sure in a dream book somewhere it will tell you why you have that dream. Glad you had a day off!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I can never sleep in late when I have the chance.  The  auto body alarm goes off and up I get. But I was ready for bed at 8:30 tonight and  forced my self to stay up until 9 .  Otherwise I'd be getting up even earlier. Don't want to do that !
Hope those dreams go away and you only have good ones !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Penny glad you got to sleep in:) always feels good to do that and i do think it helps the body:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

To be obscene it has to be over 15 hours of sleep.  That's the unwritten law. ;) ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day to me! ;)
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Penny, if you slept obscenely late, it's because you needed it.  Now, about your dream, Dr. Chris.  Dreams are are inner feelings and fears.  My interpretation is that you possibly feel a bit out of control at times and feel like you're going to fall off the edge.  LOL...now I just dreamed this last night and have had this dream for years...I start losing my teeth.  Lord only knows what that means I'm worrying about.  Now, send that guy my way...hehe.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

<So I had lunch at Wendy`s and did some grocery shopping at Walmart. I finished the book I mentioned in my last entry, My Sister`s Keeper. Wow, what an ironic twist at the end!  And since I am a total bookworm, I have already started reading The Summons by Grishom. I think it`s going to be good.>

Sleep is good. Not being able to sleep, that's
what's alarming for me. Up for lunch though
is almost the crack of dawn, ha! Books are also
good; Grisholm grabs you with plot. A son of mine
seemed to imply that the degree to which I liked
or was not fond of Grishom could signal a character
defect. Sheesh.  Anyway, no book is as crazy as life, IMO.
Reading is good. So is writing.

Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Your kind of day off is the best! I love my PJ days!! take care luv bella xx