Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Long Week

 


This snow and ice and "snow days" from work have made for a long week. The older I get, the less I like being thrown off my routine.


Today was a good day at work. I`ve been doing well, getting my referrals and had a good review last week, so I`ve been happy there. Plus today was the day we got our bonuses. :)( Well, at least those of us who received a good review. )


Tomorrow will be an early day for me, which is good because I have some errands to do. Saturday I am planning on visiting my daughter at college. It`s my only Saturday off this month.


Today was a good day, but honestly, I have really been struggling with being tired. Then I don`t feel as motivated as I should. Then I get upset with myself. Then I tell myself, ofcourse I`m tired, as I`m still taking meds and getting chemo monthly. Then I have flashbacks of being sick and the lack of energy that I had in the beginning of my illness. Scary, and I do not dwell on that! Then I get sad because I`ve gained weight from the meds. Then I just feel happy and grateful to be well and able to get on with my life once again. So this is how my emotions flow. And I even hate to admit that I sometimes feel overwhelmed or so fatigued because I am blessed with so much. I suppose, though, that my feelings and thoughts are flowing in a somewhat systematical order - the stages you go through as you get over any long illness. When I feel out of sorts I usually don`t write about it, either, yet here I am blogging away.


Anyhow, I am looking forward to a good weekend with Corey.


Thanks to Donna of  D's Designs for the top tag. Isn`t it cool?


And I`d like to wish Missie a very Happy Birthday! If you haven`t already wished her happiness on her special day, pop on over and do so!   :)   Missie's Upside Down World


Be well and God bless!!


Penny


http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is very normal to have all the feelings you are feeling. Dont feel bad about feeling them or expressing them. You are a BEAUTIFUL lady.....with so much to offer and i am glad we are friends. I know how it is to be tired too but not like how drained you must get. This weather is the pits and doesnt help either.
love,lj

Anonymous said...

Lord knows, Penny, you've been through so much.  Of course, you would worry about being tired.  I think this weather has been such a downer.  It seems to knock everyone off track, plus you do an awful lot of running around and traveling to visit Corey, your treatments; this all takes a toll.  And...lol...I hate to mention the age factor.  Trust me, each year slows me down quite a bit, and I don't take all the meds you need to.  Hang in there.  Spring and beautiful flowers are just around the bend.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

With the treatments you've been having I would think it's normal to feel tired. Your body is working extra hard now to stay healthy.  That would make anyone tired.  Maybe he could do a blood test to check your iron level and thyroid level.  A deficiency in those would make you tired.  
Just ask your doc.  He'll help, I hope.
Stay warm and congrats on the bonus and good review.
Hugs, Pam xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

With everything you have been through I imagine that takes quite a toll on the body, don't beat yourself up Penny, just remember that you can't push yourself and when your body needs a break to give it one.
I hope you have a good time with your daughter, be safe driving in this crazy weather. Oh and the moon tag from Donna is one of my favorites from her, I snagged it when she posted it : )

Stay safe and hope you feel better!

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

I agree about the loooong week.  I don't have the problems that you do and I find myself with absolutely no energy. I think the weather has a lot to do with it.  The cold just drains me. You have been through so much that I think you're doing wonderfully well considering.  Enjoy your visit with your daughter.  'On Ya' -ma

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Your a mixed bag of emotion today Penny, you`ve had a lot to deal with and you have done a good job, have a good Saturday.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your bonus and good review! : )  I'm glad your doing well.  love ya, Shelly