Tuesday, October 3, 2006

High Speed And I Hope This Works!

 


It sure is nice having high speed internet again. I don`t know HOW I went without it for so long! I took the free AOL deal, which is nice, but I`m finding it a bit confusing. I guess I will get used to it. I have become such a creature of habit.


One of my doctors mistakenly told me that my maintenance treatment for leukemia was finished. Not so! I still have 6 more months to go. It`s really not bad, but the steroids that I have to take 5 days a month weird me out. I have not felt too great the past few days because of it, but that`s over now for another month. All in all, it takes a total of 2 years of treatments - at least for the kind I have. The first 6 months were extremely difficult - very, very sick. The next 6 months were manageable, and then after that I felt and looked fine, for the most part.


I`m taking a little trip on Thursday to pick up my daughter from college. We will do some shopping and she has a doctor`s appointment. Then the next weekend we will do our road trip to Indianapolis to visit my brother and his wife. I have a week off. I hope to get some nice pictures of autumn here in the midwest. Another week or two and the colors should be spectacular.


Have a great night. Thank you so much for the beautiful tag, Missie!!


~penny

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you still have 6 mos to go! But, hey it's only 6 mos, that's good...will be over in no time! {{{{}}}}
Have fun with the dtr Thurs. & on the road trip too. :)
Blessings, Sugar

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

have a great week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hate steroids.  I had to take Prednisone twice for pneumonia and thought I would jump out of my skin.  Six more months and you'll be done.  You're on the downhill end of it.  Have a great trip with Corey.  I know you will be so glad to see your brother.  Whoo hoo to the high speed.  I still pay my 10 bucks to AOL just because I'm a total creature of habit.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

i am sorry the doctor messed up and told you something that was not correct. I hope that you enjoy your trip with your daughter....i know that you'll really enjoying seeing your brother!
Enjoy your time off too.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The 6 months will go fast I hope.  I'm sure it's been so hard going through that.  I can't imagine it.
Hope you have a good trip.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I finally got by here!!
Hope to keep checking in here and keeping up with you!!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,
I'm a new reader of your journal. Hope your continued treatment does the trick, although the steroid regime stumps me. If you look at my screenie you'll understand that I'm more than ordinarily interested in medicines. Good luck with the AOL high speed connection!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

6 MONTHS?!

Don't worry babes...they'll whizz by!! Keep us posted!

Lv Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

I really hope these 6 months fly by and you are able to rest and not overdue it. You've come so far... just a little more to go.
I switched to the free AOL thing about a month ago, haven't noticed any difference have you?
Have fun on your trip, take pictures please : )
~ Jenny

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/BunnySlipperBanter/

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/SunshineExpressions/

Anonymous said...

What dosage of steroids do you take.  John used to be on 100 prednisone a day, but now he only has to take 10 MG of prednisone a day.  Boy, when he was on 100 he was moody, LOL!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink