Sunday, October 29, 2006

Radio Contest

    


Happy weekend,everyone! What`s left of it anyhow.


Thank you, Jenny of Sunshine Expressions... for this inspiring tag. Love it!


What happened on Friday was a first for me. I won a radio contest! I was at work at the bank, in the drive up listening to the radio when a trivia question came up. So I Googled it real quick, called in - and won. lol And the prize is cool - 5 free car washes.


My sore throat has cleared up, but the head cold is still hanging on. I slept most of the late afternoon and evening yesterday. I felt better after that.


Tonight I have to be at a covered dish dinner at church. We`re having a guest speaker.


My latest bargain purchase is a tote bag I got at Dollar Tree for a buck! $ 


         


It`s a perfect size for what I usually take along to work: A book, Nutri-Grain Bar, and a banana.  :)


So I`m going to read some journals now and answer some emails.


Blessings!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that tag too...and that tote was a dollar? WOW! I love it!
Congrats on being a radio winner. I paid $7 on Saturday for a car wash.
XO lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the contest!  I don't ever win anything. LOL!  I like your tote.  Too cute.
Enjoy your weekend.      
Pam

Anonymous said...

Jenny has some great tags for sure!!!   Glad you're feeling better... and you won.. that's cool I never do!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Your tote bag is really cute !  I love shopping in places like the Dollar Tree, you just never know what you might find.  Lucky you winning the car washes !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

That is a cute little bag!  And for a buck, it's even cuter!!!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Penny, Penny, Penny.......Congratulations on winning a radio contest. I'm glad you won. I'm glad your sore throat cleared up. I read in another journal that you haven't seen "The Lake House" you have to go see it immediately. You have to see "The Lake House" its a great love story. I have it on DVD and I lovvvvvvvvvvvve it. You will want to buy this movie. Go see it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what you think of it. Congratulations again.

Anonymous said...

I just love that bag, its real pretty!

I've never thought to google an answer for a radio competition, might try it. congrats!!!

Shermeen xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Penny!  I've never won a darned thing.  That new car of yours will stay nice and shiny.  Love that tag that Jenny made...so pretty.  Love that little tote you got also.  You find the best stuff.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good for you winning the contest!    Sleep is always a good way to help get over a cold by resting the body and I am glad your throat cleared up.    Have a nice time at your church gathering.     mark

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your radio win.  I tried to call to answer a trivia question but they didn't give the area code.  I tried both but couldn't get thru.  :(  And I knew the answer cuz I just read it on AOL the day before!  Have a great day.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love google for looking things up?  I do!  Congrats on winning the contest!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

h