Saturday, October 21, 2006

Just Received Sad News

 


I  have a pen pal online who lives in New York that I have been writing to for a few years now. We send each other an email every day or two just to say hi and fill each other in on what`s new. I have come to think of her as a dear friend, although we have never met.


She has a beautiful daughter in her 20`s who is a newlywed. Last night this young woman and her new husband were held up and robbed on a street corner. The young husband tackled one of the 3 thugs who were robbing them, as he thought one was about to fire a shot and he wanted to protect his wife. As they wrestled, the gun went off twice and this young, innocent man was shot in the head. It may be too risky to operate. He is coherent and it`s a kind of  a wait-and-see diagnosis at this point.


This is so sad, so needless. If you could please say a prayer for him it would mean so much.


It`s a cool, but sunny and nice day here in Ohio. I went to Walmart earlier to pick up some groceries. Then I vacuumed out my car and washed it, which it desperately needed after the road trip. I also bought nice silver frames for my license plates. A nice finishing touch. It`s already due for the first oil change. Geesh!


I have things to do around the house and I feel like doing none of it. We did get the lawn mowed and I took a leaf blower to the driveway and patio. Looks good.


I hope you`re all having a good weekend.


 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, a nightmare materialized.
So sad and sorry and angry.

Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/

Anonymous said...

Prayers going up dear. May God bless! Also prayers for his wife & family.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Very sad news indeed.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

We definitely will pray for them all.  How horrible to have happen!  BTW, is that your very own signature?  I can't believe how much like mine it is.  Blessings, Penny http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is very sad indeed. Hoping for the best :-\

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

so sad:( have a good weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

How sad...Jae

Anonymous said...

This is so sad.  Why can't violence in this world be wiped out?  I know.  Wishful thinking.  I'll keep this young man in my prayers.  Hope everything turns out okay.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your friends troubles, and I am praying for them.
Take care
Missy

Anonymous said...

Penny, this is horrible news. I'm so sorry for your friend's daughter and SIL. How awful for that young girl to go through that and see her husband shot. Please let your friend know that we'll be praying for her SIL and for her daughter as well.

Hugs, Mandy ~ http://journals.aol.com/mmartinez07/UnhappilyEverAfter/

Anonymous said...

Awww I am sorry to hear that.  He will be in our prayers as well, what a brave man trying to protect this wife! I am Samantha, I used to be Tequila Wish for my blog on AOL Journals.  I got my name change and a new blog for my new screen name.  It's good to see your blog again! Hope your having a good weekend.

http://journals.aol.com/mybabyalan/samanthaspinkpages/

Samantha

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what's happened to this poor young man, he's very fortunate to still be alive and i'll add him to my prayers. What the family must be going through, I hope the police catch the guys who did it and throw them in jail, there's no excuse for that kind of thing.

Thanks for stopping by my journal and congratulations for your nomination!

Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your nomination!
I am so sorry to hear of your news! That is very sad and scary. We have had so many robberies in our area lately. Prayers for them!

Gretchen
http://journals.aol.com/ksgal3133/LivinginSavannah2

Anonymous said...

oh no...i am so so sorry about your friends SIL.  What a tragedy. I will pray for him.
I need to wash my car very much, it looks awful. Chilly and cold in my end of Ohio.
LOVE ya,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Penny, that is awful..I will certainly keep that young fellow in my prayers.  Boy, you never know from day to day.

LOL..you go, girl..silver frames for your plates.  Next you'll be gluing some rhinestones on it.  Did I mention or leave a comment in your craft entry.  Oy vay, I'm losing my mind but you made some lovely things.  

Have a great Sunday...love you, Chris

Anonymous said...

I will keep him and his family in my prayers. May our dear Lord bless him with healing and guide the doctors caring for him.  Yes, it was nice to see the sunshine here yesterday, but back to rain here this morning. The sunny days are getting few and fewer.  We really need to take advantage of them when they come.  'On Ya' - ma

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

Anonymous said...

So sad about that man who was shot.  This world....man sometimes.....
Congrats on your nomination, sweetie!!  
Pam

Anonymous said...

I wish AOL would let me on to tackle some journal alerts but I can only sign on through Explorer right now. grrr lol
Since I am the praying kind I am saying many!!!

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

How horrible!  How come the good guys always end up being the ones hurt?  I'll keep them in my prayers.
Missie
http://journals.aol.com/chat2missie/MissiesUpsideDownWorld/