Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Feeling Good

  


This will come as no surprise to those of you who know me - I am confused by this internet stuff. ( I can hear Chris snickering all the way from PA. )


I now have high speed internet, so I ditched AOL, but I still can have AOL because it`s free. But I had to sign on to it through Internet Explorer and the main screen was different - not so user friendly. Then this evening my "old" AOL sign on screen comes back on and it`s back to how it always was. Favorite places.... buddy list..... all that stuff is back again. Hmmmmm...... 


Well, I have 2 days off now, so I am happy. Tomorrow I`ll be going to get my daughter. We already have lunch planned at the Olive Garden. Yummo.


One thing I hate to shop for is jeans. If I find a pair that looks great, I feel like I am being cut in half at the waist. If I find a pair that`s comfy, the legs are baggy. I have one very favorite pair that is getting thread worn in spots. So off I go to Fashion Bug the other day to look for jeans and try some on. You ladies know how it is ( or you guys who have the unfortunate job of standing there waiting for your girl to try on clothes. ) I take the first pile of clothes in.  ( Had to grab some shirts along the way, too. ) First shirt, too tight. Second shirt, too big. Jeans, face turns blue, can`t breathe. Next jeans, too baggy, (would look great if I were a gangster rapper.) On and on it goes. Mind you, I am taking medication - steroids - so my face starts to get hot. Then it turns beat red. I`m not giving up. I must be a glutton for punishment because after trying on several things that don`t fit, I get dressed in my own clothes and go back out into the store to grab another dozen of things to try that most likely won`t fit either. LOL! To make a long story short, I did find one awesome pair of jeans and also a pair of black dress pants for work. Buy one get one for $1. So I was happy. Hot, aggravated, and grumpy - but happy nonetheless.


Today I felt really good. Work went well. Cooler temps tomorrow. Yay!


So I`m off to read more journals while I can still find them all before my internet changes again. :0)


Thanks, Chris, for the great tag!


     penny

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i hear ya about clothes shopping:) have a good evening

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hate shopping for clothes, period!  Just realized though, I have no fall/winter clothes!  Only shorts, and capri's.  Guess I am going to have to buy something...Jae

Anonymous said...

Lol...I have a TON of clothes shopping to do. I can never decide what I wanna wear either..lol!!

*hugs*

Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Can you tell me how to keep aol but not pay for it? I have dsl through my cable comapny. Thank you:)


In Christ,
Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

ROFL...every time I restart my computer, I get a message that I'm not running the newest version of AOL's toolbar.  Do I want to change it?  NO....never..lol  So, this old technological fool is still paying my $10 a month for the time being to AOL.  I downloaded Windows Live Security Center for a 90 day trial today.  Talk about a trial.  I had to uninstall the AOL firewall.  I was sweating bullets.  Now I'm getting all kinds of Windows messages.  Yow..what did I do?  I hear ya on the jeans shopping...grrrr  Have fun at the Olive Garden...yum  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

That sounds great about the screen coming back!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

i am so obese i have to wear pants with no zipper. Just pull on. I miss normal LEVIs. I hope you and your daughter are having a good time..i LOVE Olive Garden.
I dont know what i would do without Broadband. LOVE YOU
lisa