Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Back From Indianapolis

 


I`m happy to say that my daughter, Corey, and I had a wonderful time in Indy. We did lots of shopping and visited a few nice restaurants along the way as well.


I bought a silk purse from a little Chinese lady who had a booth inside the mall in downtown Indy. Very cute. My daughter wanted to go to a store there called H&M. My brother and SIL have a very nice place about 7 miles outside of Indianapolis. I liked it there. It`s a nice city. Pretty and clean.


On the way home we stopped at a candle outlet. I bought some beautiful purple and pink candles and also the one in the above picture, although I did have some trouble fitting that one into my car!


The one thing I would have liked to do that I didn`t was to go to the Indiana Museum of Art. We planned on going Sunday afternoon, but I think several days in a row of being so busy and traveling and taking the leukemia meds wore me down. So I slept a few hours and it did wonders for me. Next time I`ll go.


I took more pictures, but they were just okay. I hope to get some good ones this week while I am off work, so we`ll see. Today was a cool, rainy day in Ohio.


I`ve read a couple books in the last few weeks that I wanted to comment on. One is The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve. Not a spectacular book in itself, but the very last paragraph.....the last sentence, really blew me away. The whole book wasn`t what you thought it was at all! The other is by Jodi Picoult. I can`t remember the exact title but it had salem Falls in it. Again, the book was okay, nothing over the top, but again.... the last sentence made me cringe. Didn`t see it coming at all.


Now I am reading The Englisher by the Christian author, Beverly Lewis. She writes fictional stories about the Amish while trying to stay true to representing their lifestyles as they are. This book is the 6th in a series. Good, clean reading, which is a nice change from a lot of what`s out there.


Good luck with the VIVI Awards. I know


Jackie and Chris are working hard to accurately count all of our votes. Make sure you thank them for all their hard work!


The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you......


          

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Anita Shreve book just about did me in....all of her books make me weep. Love that pic of you with the big candle. I am glad you went and had a good time too!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

That is a great looking photo of the candle and you!   Standing in front makes it appear representational of its size.    That will be wonderful when you visit the Museum of Art.    I look forward to getting my 'American Art Review' publication 6 times a year.     I have found that the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century artists in America were so excellent in representing the culture and tone of those early years in this country.     Some day I will have to get to the Museum in St. Louis which is a 2 hour drive from S. Illinois.     I am certain you will be appreciative having bought the silk purse.    Your brother and SIL must have been excited having you visit their home.     I am reading the 'Wilson Quarterly' this evening which I find to be insightful concerning international relations and a variety of book excerpts among other entries.    I get 'Smithsonian' and need to send in my check for another year of 'National Geographic'.     My back and hip have been bothering me today alot and I need to stay off my feet for awhile.    mark

Anonymous said...

cool photo...sounds like a wonderful time!! Glad to have you back!!! TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice time on your trip.  What the heck is that thing you are standing in front of anyway.  Have a great hump day tomorrow.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I want to read that book The Englisher.  I think I will get that one.  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're home.  I missed you!  Looks and sounds like you had a great time.  I love candles too. Post a pic of your new purse, please. lol I haven't read a good book in awhile.  I need to go to the library I guess.
NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol.com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDeepEnd/

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time.  I BET that candle was hard to haul home! LOL!
I'm going to look up that Amish author...I'd enjoy her writing I'm sure. Thanks for sharing that.
Have a good rest now that you're back.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you had a great time in Indy

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Have you read "My Sisters Keeper" by Jodi Picoult? it`s brilliant! Glad you enjoyed your vacation. x
bella xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindapaterson177/IstartedofthislifewithnothingIst/

Anonymous said...

glad u had a safe trip
did ya see me wave//////
Missy