Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Crafty

  


 


I have Chris to thank for this darling tag. :0)


Today has been busy even though I haven`t even left the house! I have been hanging some new prints that I bought, ( Van Gogh, Renoir ), cleaning, doing laundry, and making some crafts. I took a few pictures and I have to say that I am disappointed in them. I still think I am not setting my camera properly to get enough details. Oh well.


This is the silk purse I bought with the Chinese design:



My SIL and I were making pillows while I was in Indy. I don`t have them sewn shut just yet and I still need to add buttons and ribbons to them, but I love how they turned out and the fabric I chose.



So easy to make! Another thing I have been doing is buying Mason jars and decorating them with ribbon. I use them for pen holders, bathroom stuff, etc. Very simple but I like how it looks:



This one on the left just has a purple ribbon around it and is filled with q-tips. The slender glass bud vase in the back looks very pretty when you see it live. I filled it with colorful glass stones and put the faux flower in it. The dish filled with cotton balls is heart shaped and the purple and pink candles are some that I bought while on vacation. I just re-did my bathroom in those two colors.



This is a lamp that I bought at Cracker Barrell some time ago. Isn`t it adorable? Love their stuff. Next to it is a glass dish I bought at Walmart for like a dollar. Then I put a pink votive candle in it and some colored glass stones. I could also decorate the top by tying a ribbon around it. Covering the table is a blue and white pin-striped fabric. 


Next is a little experiment I did, which is just a small glass dish with a pink votive candle in it and the colored glass stones again. Then I wrapped a beaded necklace that I liked around it for a bit of flair.



Just some fun, inexpensive crafts I though I`d share.


Church starts at 7, so I should get moving along.


Ta-Ta.


                 


penny


 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very crafty!  Nice ideas.  
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/
Tracy

Anonymous said...

those are all really nice ideals, thnks for sharing them, I can always use an extra pillow or 2.  my bathroom is still just white, cant decide if I want to accent it in lt blue or pink, hey maybe both, lol it looks good for you.

Missy

Anonymous said...

I love your crafts. You are very creative!  Especially love the pillows.  One of your blue ones is just perfect for my room....

I like all of your ideas. Never thought of using a ribbon on a mason jar. It really dresses it up.  Love the lamp, too!
Thanks for sharing these.  You do have an eye for decorating.  Gives me ideas for my home!
Pam

Anonymous said...

You could have your own wee business called "Penny Crafts"
bella xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarifications.
I should have known, but sometimes
I go 'absent'. Also, I'm old. Ha!!!
Today, however I'm sort of on
cloud 81/2. A woman classmate, to
whom I sent a blind letter, fan mail,
responded with her own letter in which
she wrote "You write well." I think she's
retired; she is a former Lit Teacher at two
prestigeous colleges.

Thanks!
Barry

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h