Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thankful

      


I`m going to be rather busy through Friday, so I thought now would be a good time to do this entry and to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!


Today I made my monthly trek to the Cleveland Clinic for my maintenance leukemia treatment. My bloodwork was good.  :)     This nasty cold I`ve been battling for about a month now is finally starting to clear up. So I felt really good today.


This evening I went to church where we had our own Thanksgiving dinner. It was open to everyone, so I saw lots of new faces.....people just dropping in for a good meal, which was cool. There was turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, mixed veggies, rolls, and about a thousand desserts. We played some word games and then our Pator spoke briefly. The place was packed. Offer free food and they will come. LOL 


Tomorrow I will be on the road again. I`m picking up Corey from college. We`ll do lunch and take her computer by the Mac store to see why the battery isn`t working right. ( you may remember she spilled juice on her laptop. )


I have much to be thankful for. Living in America is a blessing in itself. We are free! I am thankful for my family and friends. I`m thankful that I have food and clothing and a comfortable place to live. I`m thankful to be alive. In March of 2005 I felt I was looking at death, but God has given me more time on this earth. Most of all I`m thankful for Jesus. Without Him I would be nothing.


Please check out my other journal from time to time. I try to keep it simple and Bible-based.


http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/let-the-earth-rejoice/


Thanks to Missie for the lovely tag.


And thanks for stopping by. I know how busy you all are and I do appreciate you taking the time to read and/or comment.


Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!


   ~penny     

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear Penny.
So happy to hear the great news re your lab results. :) And that your cold is clearing up.
Blessings,
Sug

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!  Happy Thanksgiving to you!  I hope you have an enjoyable holiday.  
I'm glad your tests came back good.  Was keeping you in my prayers.  Now, you just gotta recover from this cold.  Hope you do before the holiday.
You really do have a lot to be thankful for.  You really are blessed.
Hugs...Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!  It's me, Penny.  Shouting out to you from CA -this is a great entry - may I link back to it tomorrow as I end the pre-Thanksgiving gratitude entries? Blessings to you and Corey, Penny http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere

Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too !  We've a lot to be thankful for, the blessings of each day are soooo awesome !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I do hope you and Corey have a blessed day together.
love,lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!  Good blood work results are always welcomed!  Jae

Anonymous said...

I am certainly happy to read that your blood work is good.     That was thoughful of your church to allow anyone to have the delicious meal.     May you and Corey have a good Thanksgiving!   mark

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope that you have a great day, It sounds to me like you're truly thankful for so many things!

Shermeen xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Penny!  I know you will have a wonderful time with your Corey.  Thank you for being the wonderful friend that you are and always being there for me.  I'm so thankful your cold is clearing up and that you continue to remain healthy!  Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that your blood work was good. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Penny!

Phil

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Penny....glad your feeling better.
bella xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindapaterson177/IstartedofthislifewithnothingIst/

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny, happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.  I just hope you are not too busy to enjoy yourself.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/WaterfallTrekking/

Anonymous said...

You better give that daugter of yours a big hug from JLand.  Hope everything went good with the computer.  Happy Thanksgiving Miss Penny.  Love and hugs, Katie

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

I don't get here often, so I'm catching up.  Whew! that was a beautiful kitchen, even tho it's not yours! :)  You know you can get that floor with Armstrong Textured Vinyl flooring.  It's awesome!  It feels like a wood floor, even has nail holes and staples (look and feel) in it.  But a good swiffer wetjet and it's clean and ready to go! No I don't sell Armstrong, it's one of the flooring you can choose in a Jagoe home. Which I do work for.

Yes, you are right 6 minutes in football is at least a half hour! lol  Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Darlene
(Indiana)

http://journals.aol.com/djohn52/AgeingGracefullyWithAllTheHelpIC/


Anonymous said...

Happy Late Thanksgiving : ) Good to hear you are starting to feel better, seems you do a lot of driving these days. be safe, crazy people out there on the roads especially this time of year.
There really is so much to be thankful for, and so thankful to know you : )
Holiday Hugs!!

~ Jenny

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/DreamingThroughTheNoise/

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/SunshineExpressions/

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Penny :-)

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny....haven't seen you for a few days. Was thinking about you. Hope you're good and had a nice holiday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny.  I'm so happy that your bloodwork came out good!  Yay!  congrats.  Hugs and GBU, Shelly