Monday, November 6, 2006

Monday`s Muse

  


My thanks to Shelly - Roxy's Links and Graphics for this adorable tag. :)


I spent most of the early part of the day running errands with my mom. She can no longer drive, so it`s up to me to get her around. She surprised me today, saying she wanted to buy me sneakers, as I had mentioned some time back that I wanted a black pair. So I got thee coolest pair of Van`s sneakers..... black trimmed in white, with a bit of pink thrown in.


I still haven`t been feeling great. I`ve had this cold for two weeks now. The antibiotics seem to be working somewhat. They sure are taking their sweet time about it.


So I know this couple who just started dating recently and now they will be getting married in a couple of months. I`m happy for them and I hope it works out for them. It started me thinking about people and how they meet and why some seem to meet a match and others don`t. I`ve never been one to date continuously. I usually would go a while between boyfriends when I was younger and if I did have a boyfriend, it was serious and lasted a while.


I married at 25. He was my pen pal who I had written to for years...he lived in NY and I was in Ohio. We finally met and the rest was destiny! We married 6 months after we officially met. I moved to NY. I was 25 and he was 29. Sixteen years later we divorced, but much of the marriage was happy and loving. So... I`m thinking, well....if I never get married again...if I don`t meet another who is right for me.....at least I had that. I was pretty happily married for most of those years.


It seems as though it used to be easier to meet people. Or possibly, it was just that I was younger and there was more availability. Sigh... I know married people who meet other people they find interesting..... and I know men who meet other men that they find interesting..lol...then there`s Penny who meets nada. No one. Well, no one I`m interested in. Then I think - am I too picky? I don`t think so. I think that the right one has not come along yet. Although I do pray about this. Surely God has this really cool guy picked out for me. But where is he? Is he just not ready yet? Am I not ready yet?


One thing I`ve learned is that I need to be content where I`m at in life. I don`t want to waste a part of my life whining about what I don`t have. I want to enjoy what I DO have!


Sigh.... so the course of my thoughts run.....


I am reading a very good book by Anita Shreve called Resistance. It takes place in Belgium during WWII. These people are hiding a wounded US pilot whose plane went down. Any minute they could be caught by the Germans and taken away. Tortured. Can you imagine how many people lived like this doing war times? Do you think you would be that brave? Would I?


So I`m off to read some more and to relax next to some glowing strawberry scented candles.


By the way, I have started a new praise and worship journal. I hope it will be a place where you can come to relax and talk to God. To know that He does really care about each and every one of you!


Goodnight for now.


            


http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/let-the-earth-rejoice/

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny.  I hope you do someday meet someone.  I was married and had my son...then I got married again and that lasted TEN days!  See my journal for that story.  So I doubt I'll marry again. I don't trust it.  I like having someone to go out with and then when I'm ready they go HOME! LOL!
You're a sweetheart though...and you will find someone if you want to.  Maybe at church, huh?
Good idea about your new journal. I'll come visit.
Pam

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I guess you could add me to the alone and contented group too !  My husband of 27 years died of a sudden heart attack 14 years ago come the 28th of this month. I'm just thankful I had that many years together with him.  Enjoy your book - I love scented candles too !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your book!  You are right; I met the right one when I was married to someone else, and had to watch him walk away...sucked.  The right one is there for you...like you said, one of you is just not ready, yet...Jae

Anonymous said...

Nice entry Penny. :) {{{ }}}
Sug

Anonymous said...

if and when you meet another man who is worth your time, HE will be the lucky one. You are such a genuine, beautiful lady. I love her books..i have never heard of that book though.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful Penny.  I've been with my hubby 25 yrs.  Most of it has been good.  I couldn't imagine being with anyone else.  When and if you do meet someone special, you'll know it.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

The right man`s out there penny you just haven`t bumped into him yet give it time!
bella xx

Anonymous said...

Penny, I sure hope you start to feel better soon...

What song do you have playing now in your journal?  I can actually hear music again.  God doesn't have anyone but the best guy picked out for you.  When you least expect it, you will cross paths.  

Reading by a scented candle sounds so peaceful.  Love you, Chris