Thursday, November 16, 2006

Preparing For Thanksgiving

    


I hope you don`t mind joining me in the kitchen for this entry. Can I get you a cup of coffee? Tea? A diet soda?


Today I bought most of the groceries that I`ll need for Thanksgiving. I like to be prepared ahead of time whenever possible. This year it will just be my mom, my daughter and me. I always make chicken because I hate turkey and (shhh! don`t tell anyone) really don`t know how to cook one anyhow. Pulling - uh, things out of a turkey and then cramming it with stuffing seems kind of gross to me. LOL Then again, I`m vegetarian for the most part.


Tomorrow at work everyone is taking in something to eat. I`m bringing veggies and dip. So I spent about an hour this evening cutting up broccoli, cauliflower, celery, red peppers, and carrots. I made the dip with a dry Knorr vegetable soup mix, sour creme and mayo. We also get to wear jeans tomorrow. Yippee! And Ohio State shirts or something red. I am wearing a red sweater since I don`t own any Ohio State gear.


I took my mom for her flu shot today. We stopped at Bob Evans for dinner. It was delicious. So my day off went by very fast.


Have a great weekend!


                 


Thanks to TONI for the tag!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Is that YOUR kitchen??????  It is GORGEOUS!!!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I would love to join you in the kitchen for that chicken on Thanksgiving...lol.  My mother doesn't like any poultry.  She also hates cleaning and stuffing turkeys and chickens.  Have fun wearing your jeans.  And eat some of that dip for me.  Knorr veggie soup mix is my favorite dip for veggies.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

i love chicken:) we are having turkey and a small ham with tatoes and gravy sweet tatoes green bean casserole oyster stuffing and homemade rolls and pumpkin pie and chocolate mousse for dessert:) have a good time at work i love that kind of dip

Deb

Anonymous said...

So what's on the menu besides chicken???  Jae

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Ohio State certainly is on every's mind - in Ohio that is...I'll be having Turkey for sure...but my Mom always preferred chidken too.  All my children love Turkey so that's what we'll be having .  Have a great Friday !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

My WM has gobs and gobs of OSU clothing to buy.
I dont put stuffing in my turkey....never learned how to do that. I like turkey but not a lot of it. I sure hope the 3 of you have a special day together next Thurs.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,
Thank you for leaving me your comment it was very kind of you, i have added you to my alerts and i also want to take time out to read your journal. You look to be having your own troubles I hope I am wrong. i have only read back 3 entrys
Thanks again
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good day a work in your casual clothes and that your veggie dips went down a treat sounds yum!
bella xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindapaterson177/IstartedofthislifewithnothingIst/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

thanks, I would love some coffee! lol  I'm so not ready for Thanksgiving, although I do love to eat it. I bet yours will be a smash!  : )  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

What kind of camera was your
kitchen shot taken with? Not too
long ago such a shot was just about
an impossibility without a lot of
equipment. You must have a lot
of pixels, and the knowhow to get
them all lined up. I'm jealous!

Barry
Can't come for coffee in THAT
kitchen. I'd have to shower,
clean the bottom of my boots,
and don't spill anything.
Outdoors AOK?

Anonymous said...

hmm...why is that not my kitchen! lol!

I hope that you have a wonderful thanksgiving...i cant cook a turkey either...guess i'd better learn before adam and i get to our first holiday together!

Shermeen xx