Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Does it Never End?

   


I really don`t want to harp on this and sound like a broken record, but..... I`ve had this miserable cold for almost 3 weeks now. Two trips to the doctor, two different antibiotics. I guess it will just have to take its course. I missed work Friday thinking that would help. I suppose it did some.


Oh well.......


Saturday I did my first ever craft show at our church. We had an okay turn out, although the day was dreary and rainy. I was very disappointed, as I sold very little! I felt like it was a wasted day. But it was a trial run for me. I hope to do another one next year. I will change some things around and hopefully do better. I think it`s difficult with the beads because so many people are making bracelets and earrings.


Anyhow, my brother and his wife were here visiting from Indy. That was nice. They brought their puppy and it was quite chaotic with my two year old Cocker Spaniel also here! It was a bit like Romper Room gone berserk.


Next week will be busy. Thank God I have several days off. Tuesday will be my monthly trek to the Cleveland Clinic. Wednesday I will be picking up my daughter at college. Thanksgiving Day will just be her and I here at home with my mom. I`m off Friday, which is nice. I never usually have the day after Thanksgiving off. I will take Corey out for some Christmas shopping. We`re going to try and find a winter coat for her. Saturday I work and then sometime between then and Monday I`ll have to have her back at school. All this during the week I have chemo. I am tired thinking about it.


So for now, I am cozy sitting here in my pajamas reading journals and relaxing. I`m hoping to get caught up, as I haven`t been online a whole lot lately.


Congrats to all those who won a VIVI Award for your journal. I did not win in my category, but I certainly found some new and interesting journals along the way! Thanks to all who DID vote for me!


Thanks to Angel of Virgomoon Graphics for the adorable scarecrow tag.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are still sick!  You will be having one busy week, even though you have some daysoff!  Try to at least enjoy those days...Jae

Anonymous said...

hope you get to feeling better:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I remember well those trips back and forth to college for my boys.  At one time I had 3 boys in 3 different colleges.  It seemed we were always on the road.  Moving them was the hardest.  I had a nice van so that helped. It did wear out by the time the last one graduated.   I'm not sorry that those days are over.  Hope you enjoy your day off and the treatments don't wear you down too much.
 'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Sorry you still feel bad, sometimes it just have to run its course. :(
Have a good eve reading journals, relax & get some rest. {{{ }}}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You must be getting so frustrated trying to get over this cold. Hopefully you are well for the holiday!
Give the craft show another try, you could also sell your stuff on e-bay, that way all of us could buy some : )
Get well soon!!

~ Jenny

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/DreamingThroughTheNoise/

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/SunshineExpressions/

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better real soon peny. I know you"ll have fun doing the crafts. I love stuff like that.

Hugs
angelrose

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good visit with your brother.  Hope you get over that cold soon young lady.  Have a happy hump day.

Phil

Anonymous said...

The graphic of the bear swinging by Angel is delightful.    With my dial-up I get a black flashing box in the lower right corner that I cannot read as happens in so many journals for me.    Nothing like a puppy pestering a grown dog to liven things up, lol.    I am glad your visit with your brother/wife was an enjoyable time.    I had a friend that has unfortunately died, but she did the most amazing crafts by making miniature paintings on regular Christmas ornament balls that she first coated with white acrylic paint.    Some were Christmas scenes but others were of wildlife especially birds.    She also made erasor prints by cutting into block erasors little city scenes with people on the sidewalks and buildings in different colors.     One was a Chicago city scene that is spectacular.    She made her living doing her crafts and did not charge more than the public would pay ( which was low considering the hours of work ) but she had and has great notoriety in S. Illinois.    Her name is Patty Taylor and she has a surviving daughter.     I hope the Chemo goes smoothly for you as I know it can be distressful from the side effects.    Also that your cold gets better soon.    Have a good Thanksgiving!     mark

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon
bella xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and your daughter will have some nice bonding time together.  I hope that your TG if wonderful.  Chemo yuck, I understand it a lot better now that Ana is going through it.  I love you Penny and thanks for the info about your address and things.
Peace my dear,
KJ

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I didn't get an alert for this.  They must be acting up again.  Sheesh, Penny, that's an awful long time for you to be sick.  Is it because of the steroids you have to take and your immune system being weak.  I sure hope you kick it before Thanksgiving.  People at craft shows are so fickle.  Your stuff is so nice but I know Becky is beading also.  How nice that you got to see your brother again.  You take it easy.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I completely forgot about thanksgiving, i guess that's allowed since we don't celebrate it over here. i guess i didn't think it was as soon as next week, but that's because i barely know what the date is!

I hope that you're feeling better soon. So nice to have your brother and SIL visit, that must have been nice.

Take care,
Shermeen xx