Friday, November 3, 2006

It Really Works!

  


First of all, this is a picture that my daughter, Corey, took just recently. I loved it and wanted to post it for two main reasons. One is that it conveys the beauty of Ohio during this wonderful time of year - and two, it gives me a sense of appreciation for all the beautiful things that God has created. If you think about all the beauty and vibrant colors that are in nature, I think you will begin to catch a glimpse of God`s personality firsthand. So if the moon looks lovely, or the stars are twinkling; the leaves are a riot of color before your eyes, or the sky is a calming shade of blue ....tell Him thank you! It`s all there for you to enjoy and appreciate. May I never be in such a rush through life that I don`t take time to savor the goodness and beauty of all that He has made and given us.


 


So guess what? My $12 sewing machine really works! Here is a picture of it and the pillow I made tonight using it.


             


I`m really tickled about this. Obviously, it doesn`t take much to excite me on a Friday night. LOL!


Today I had a nice lunch with 2 dear friends. We ate at an elegant Italian Restaurant. To tell you the truth, the ambiance was better than the actual food. Not that it was bad, but I prefer the Olive Garden. Then we did a bit of shopping. I bought a Christmas tablecloth and some hand towels of the same pattern. I know it`s early, but I put it on the table with my red and white candles in their snowman candle stick holders and it looks quite nice. I really hate pointing paws at anyone, but a couple years ago a certain Cocker Spaniel ate the corner off one of my tablecloths. So far so good.



 


Oh......puhleez! Don`t let that innocent, cute sweet, lovable face fool you!  Huh, I fall for it every time. Just can`t resist!


 


Goodnight and have a spectacular weekend!


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish all are fall days were like the one in the picture !  It is beautiful.  We really are thankful for those days of color on the trees, A lot of ours are on the ground and the trees are getting very bare looking.  The stores are just full of Christmas stuff already, but I'm being very good about not buying any more things to decorate the house, I keep trying to give more away to my children, but they prefer to get their own, so the weekend after Thanksgiving I'll be digging it all out of the boxes and decorating once again.  It takes alot of time, but it's worth it when you have the family come home for the holidays.  Last year it took most of the month of January for me to get it all put away again.  It's hard to believe that our cute critters would ever chew up anything??? I too have lost a few treasures to the dog.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture!  And I love the doggie!  So cute!  Glad your sewing machine works. The pillow looks great! You can make extra $$ selling them maybe??  
Have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Your first paragraph said it all!
Awww cute fur baby. {{ }}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Awwww! and a sweet adorable face he has!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

what a cutie:) he couldn't have chewed anything to cute haha have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Love the way you describe the beauty in the scenery. I see it that way too.  If only we could all see it.   Puppy is so so so adorable.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

We do tend to take things for granted in life and don`t always see the views that you`ve captured until someone puts it into print for us to enjoy.have a good weekend ...love the doggy pic!
bella xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i have found since i got my digital that i see nature in a different way....it is so much easier to capture it and enjoy. We do live in a pretty state. The dog is totally adorable and i can only imagine spoiled completely rotten. LOL
HUGS, lisa
i LOVE Olive Garden too.

Anonymous said...

I like the pretty picture of the lake and trees and the description of what it is like in Ohio this time of year.  Have yourself a nice weekend.

Phil

Anonymous said...

The lake fall scene photo by your daughter is excellent!     The photo of your Cocker Spaniel is wonderful.   My dog is 3 something years old now and can stay in my cabin alone without any problems.     He always has a bone to chew and he can get really excited with it tossing it in the air and acting like a nut.    If I try to move my hand toward it he has his ferocious growl and I tease him to get him more excited.      He enjoys his big outdoor pen and races around in circles  to use up his energetic behavior.     mark

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture...thanks for sharing it!  
What a cute little gadget you have there!  I hope you have lots of fun with it!  And, I am sorry, but with that face, who could get angry...?  Jae

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic of the lake and your doggie!  
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shot, Penny!  Our leaves were awful this year...no color at all.  LOL..now how did I miss this $12 sewing machine.  I have to go back and catch up.  Looks like it does the trick.  Now, you quit pointing those paws at the sweet little doggy...hehe  Love you, Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh I would fall for that lil face every time too! Adorable and great photo! Sassy ;-)

Anonymous said...

Aw, such a cute pup!!! I wanna take him home with me :)

That picture is just great, i wish i had beauty like that around me. maybe i should take my camera with me one day in the week and see if i can capture British beauty!

That sewing machine is so cool, it so cute and tiny and i love the colour. and the best part...it doesn't take up lots of space!

Hugs and Love,
Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a doll that doggie of yours is