Thursday, November 2, 2006

Let`s Makeup!

       


My daughter was given this bear on her first Christmas. She was 4 months old. That was nearly 20 years ago! So it has much sentimental value to me. I was 25 years old, newly married, spending my first Christmas with my gorgeous husband and baby girl and many of the new friends I had made upon moving to NY who stopped by for our Christmas Eve party. Wonderful memories.


Today before work I had to run to Walmart to get yet another prescription. I also had to buy new underwear to send to my daughter at college because the washing machines in her apt building are not working.  lol   Then I had to zip to work. Why does everyone drive oh so  S  L  O  W when I`m in a hurry??


Anyhow, I thought this would be a fun entry for us ladies..... LET`S MAKEUP! Or, in other words.....what`s in your makeup bag? ( I can see the guys now, rolling their eyes...)   ô ô


This is my makeup basket.


 


This is the routine, which I have down to a quick science:


First, cover up...foundation, whatever you want to call it. Generously! Especially under my eyes, where I tend to get a dark circle, much to my chagrin.


Second, concealer underneath my eyes and in the corner of my eyes, by the bridge of my nose.


Third, powder. Smooths it all out and takes off any shiny spots.


Fourth, eye liner. I like light blue. This is important because it highlights your eyes. 


Fifth, eye shadow. Sometimes I wear it, sometimes I don`t. Usually a light shade at the top, under the brow, and a slightly darker shade on the lid itselfand in the crease.


Sixth, mascara. I usually use blue, but today I bought clear, so I am going to try that.


Seventh, blush. I have a big makeup brush that I use for this. Just a couple swoops of some color right at the cheekbone in a quick upward motion.


Eighth, Lipstick. I have many lipsticks. Sometimes I like a darker copper tone, sometimes pink, sometimes just a clear glaze.


I know many woman like a lip liner as well, but I don`t use one. You can also take an eyebrow pencil to your eyebrows to make them fuller if need be.


Ninth, Volie`! Gorgeous!   :0)


So that is my makeup routine, which is always done AFTER drying my hair, but BEFORE getting dressed.  ( We are such creratures of habit, no? ) The hair gets spritzed with a smoothing, shining gloss before I dry it. Jewelry goes on last.


Don`t forget to moisturize your skin after a shower or bath. That`s a great time to do it while your skin is still moist. Try not to shower with water that is too hot, as this is very drying for your skin. When moisturizing your face, use upward motions, especially on your neck.


 It`s all maintenance and repair after the age of 40!


       

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I know that at my age I wouln't leave home without it !  I like the blue eyeliner too !  Sometimes I wear a green shade depending on what clothing I'm wearing, but it always brightens me up a bit and I sure do need it !  We are creatures of habit for sure !  I love the bear !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

i love teddy bears:) make up not so much cause i work in a hot kitchen so i only wear it on the weekends

Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow, the ONLY thing i ever wear on my face is eye liner. Nothing else. I am it shows too. I have lipstick but never wear it.
I love seeing that bear too.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

We use the same mascara!  Only, I use the blue first, then I go over just the tips of the lashes with black...tones down the blue just a little.  I like it better...I don't do all you do (no concealer, shadow only occasionally, and a simple gloss, lipstick makes me seem "over done").  And I put my face on and THEN dry my hair!!!  Sorry I can't show my makeup basket...still no camera!  Fun entry...cute wittle teddy bear!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't have a "Comment"
just a tentatively offered question.
When you put on makeup, and
have the time, do you ever feel you
are in some sense creating a character?
Several times when I was onstage
I did my own makeup, but in commecials
and on Soaps, and in the movies, one
is pretty much required to allow the
makeup department to do everything.
.............BTW one of the reasons for
screenplays, one of hundreds of reasons,
is so the makeup department will have
a clue what to do with the makeup.
Time of day, country, century, class,
occupation, and so on. Gooney birds
Online, wannabees, imagine the screenplay
is solely to illustrate their brilliance never
tested. (You got me when you said only
women put on makeup, ha ha ha ha ha...)

Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/

Anonymous said...

I did an entry a few months ago showing what was in my makeup bag. I don't have nearly as much as you! lol! I'm slowly become addicted too, but usually all i'll use is just foundation and lip gloss. mascara if my eyebrows are tidy and i want to make a statment! lol!

What's the name of your daughters bear? I dont think I have any of my toys from when i was that young, its a shame really. but at least she'll have that bear to pass on to her daughter!

Hope you're Friday is going well,
Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

I've cut back on the makeup, actually. Mositurizer is a must, eye gel at night, blush, mascara, a little eye powder on the lids, just enough to give them dimension, and sometimes lipstick, but more often lip gloss or chapstick! Mousse for the hair and hair spray after it is blown dry... I need something quick to get ready for school each morning! My makeup bag is more like a pouch. Bea

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm low maintanance but, I LOVE clear mascara!  Use it everyday.  You can use it to groom your eyebrows too.  And a moisturizer by Clinique. that's it for me.  I do like a tinted moisturizer by Neutrogena but I ran out and keep forgetting to buy some. Love yours!  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

The Teddy Bear will make a great hierloom for your grandchildren.    mark

Anonymous said...

Wow..you and I have the exact same routine with our make up!  Someone taught us well, huh?  
I remember watching my girlfriends putting on their make up when we were teens...always learning new techniques.  We spent a LONG time.  Now, it's down to just a few minutes. LOL!
Love the teddy bear....a treasured heirloom.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I have a basket almost like that, Penny, in the powder room off my family room...my last stop before work.  Foundation, concealer, maybe a dustin of powder, blush and lipstick...less than five minutes.  Ooops, a touch of mascara.  I have to do it last or I get it on my clothes.  And no way am I taking a picture of it.  LOL..it's a mess but it works.  Cute entry and love the teddy.  Love you, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Penny~I am rushing over for a make-over now! LOL! Sassy :-)

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/sassysEYE

PS. lovely fall photo above!