Friday, June 29, 2007

Mixed Emotions

    


I`m not sure how I feel about my daughter being so far away. She should be in  New Zealand by now. With the time change, they actually lost a day by flying there. Isn`t that weird? And it`s winter there, which gives you an idea of how far away it truly is!


Even once she arrived on the west coast, she still didn`t have enough money raised to get to NZ, so we had a bit of a stressful situation. I scraped together what I could and an aunt and uncle in NY very graciously helped her out as well.  She has been raising support money for this trip for 2 or 3 months and did pretty well. Thanks to a couple J-Landers who also contributed! It`s so exciting to think that because people stepped up to sponsor this trip, that lives will be forever changed; people will hear about Jesus!!


So I`m taking the advice that some of you gave me to relax now and enjoy some "me" time. I have 3 days off and boy, do I feel like I need it.


Today my friend Janice and I had lunch and ran some errands together. I got some good books at the library.  :)  I went to the bank, I paid bills, did laundry, and got through a mountain of paperwork.


I`m off to relax and enjoy my evening .......


Cheers!


ps --- don`t get me wrong, I`m happy she has this opportunity . I guess I`m just missing her.


 


And He said to them,


"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."


 - Mark 16:15


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she got there safely and i'm sure God will provide the shortfall.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Of course you miss her, but she's doing something wonderful, & having a great experience.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

If you didn't miss her I'd think something was wrong with you LOL! You have given her one of the most wonderful experiences of her life. She will learn things there that she wouldn't have learned otherwise.
After high school I spent a summer in Europe. I was there 3 months. I learned so much about the world while there.  It's a true education.  This will leave a print on her personality and make her a better person as an adult.  
You're a great Mom Penny....don't ever EVER doubt that!!
Hugs...Pam
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

wow i hope she gets some pictures:) enjoy your weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

It's a huge opportunity and for all the right reasons but you are still a "mom."  Isnt' it just so weird that when they are in college, you miss them but know they are so close by?  I know once you hear from Corey, you will be far more at ease and be able to relax.  God is protecting your baby while she is spreading His word.  Before you know it, she will be home again with tons of experiences.  (Dang, the west coast and still scraping the funds together?  Sounds like a page out of my book.)  Did you and Janice go to the Olive Garden?  lol  Hugs and love, Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh Penny....I'm glad that she was able to get there...I wished I could have helped more. What she is doing is great...and I really support it! :o) Missing her is just being a mom! :o) You're such asweetie! :o) God bless you both hon! :o)
Hugs to you!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It is completely normal to WORRY and miss your daughter. She is far away but in God's hands and i bet she is so excited to be given this oppurtunity!! I am glad you got things done and saw a friend too. Enjoy your weekend.
Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I know you miss her terribly, but isn't that what it's all about?  Raising them the best way you can, then letting them go and experience life.   Remember your summer in California?  I bet your mom was worried and missed you then, too.  But what an experience you had, and great memories now.   You have done a great job with Corey, and you should be proud.  Six weeks will fly by.
betsy

Anonymous said...

Your daughter wil do fine and just think of all the stories she will come back with and you can update us! hope you had a good Sunday.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she got to New Zealand safe and sound hopefully.  Sounds like an interesting trip.  Hope you had an enjoyable weekend.

Phil