Thursday, June 7, 2007

Work and Hot

Hi everyone and a very happy Thursday to you!


Are most of you having this same hot weather that we have here in Ohio? When it gets up to 90 degrees that`s way too hot for me, but it was a beautiful day. I worked all day but I did a bit of yardwork once I got home.


Speaking of work, most of us know what each other does for a living. Do you like your job? What is the hardest part about it or the area that you feel the most stress?


I`m a bank teller. I like the job. The pay and benefits are okay, and I`m in an office now where everyone gets along fairly well. Speed and accuracy is not a problem for me. I can do transactions quickly and I usually balance to the penny. ( Hence my name - lol. )


And although I do okay at getting referrals, this is the most difficult part for me. Talking up the products in order to get a customer to see a banker at the desk does not come easy for me. I`m not pushy or aggressive. If I look at it as an opportunity to help the customer get a good deal then the focus becomes easier. Anyhow, I did reach my quota in order to get a pay-out for the past two months.    :0)


I like the professional atmosphere of working in a bank. I like that it`s cool in the summer and I`m not on my feet all day. I like being off most holidays. I do NOT like when a customer goes OFF because we ask for ID if we are not familiar with them. We have to be extremely careful about who we give information to and that we get ID for people making withdrawals if we don`t know them. I don`t talk about work much but decided to for this entry and to see how you readers feel about your own jobs.


Two other subjects that I could talk a LOT about are my daughter and my mother, but believe it or not, I`m a rather private person. It never bothered me to talk about the leukemia I had, though.  I guess that was therapeutic for me and it`s my decision to tell what I want about myself. I don`t feel as comfortable writing about family or friends other than at a superficial level.


Time out .... a certain Cocker Spaniel is barking for her potty break .......


Anyhow - - - Corey and I went shopping earlier in the week looking for jeans. When she goes to New Zealand soon, it will be their winter. Mild winter, but winter nonetheless and she`s complaining she needs jeans.


I wanted her to look at Kohl`s since I had a gift card. She was skeptical but said okay. No luck. 


A store at the mall she likes - again, no luck.


Old Navy , where she always buys jeans - again, no luck!


Those were the only stores she would consent to look at since I wasn`t going anywhere that would cost me an arm and a leg.


Me : How about Target?


Corey: ( huffy sigh )  No, Mom


She loves Target, but I guess  their jeans don`t fit her right, or it`s a bad selection or who knows what.


Me: Okay then - Walmart


Corey: ( gives me the You`ve - Got -To - Be- Kidding-Me look. )


Me: Fashion Bug has cool jeans.


Corey: Ewww .......


Need I say she was getting a bit cranky? lol


She ended up getting them at Old Navy but by ordering them online. She found the same kind and style that she bought there last time and loves.


Oh yeah, while we were there at the real store, not finding any jeans, I did buy some flip flops. Lovin` me some flip flops!! They have every color and  at 2 pair for $5 !! Between the two of us we have green, yellow, light pink, dark pink, black, brown, red, tan, blue ....     Cheaper than purses that`s for sure!


Have a great weekend. I`m off tomorrow and have lots to do.


Ta - ta


God bless!


 



Thanks to my friend Chris over at  Cab's Creations for the great (and very appropriate!) name tag.  Chris visited me last summer and we had a great time. (Miss ya! I may just stop by and see you this summer sometime. )


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I miss you too, Penny.  I would love to have you stop and see me anytime.  LOL...I'm sure you can put up with me barking at the moon, among other things.

Jobs...I actually love so much about my new job; my division chief, Rose, my co-worker, the new challenges, etc.  The atmosphere is much different than my previous job which I love.  I'm appreciated which I love.  The hardest thing was adjusting to five days a week of work instead of 4, 10's.  It's been one year exactly.  I think I'm minding it less.  LOL...does that mean I've finally adjusted?

Ugh to finding jeans...have a great weekend!  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

I live in Old Navy flip flops each summer...i have a black pair on right now....i think my job sucks.....i feel like a failure if i really let myself think about where i am at age 39. I never envisioned making subs for a living BUT i do take pride in what i do and try to do a good job.
I do not like my bank branch at all...they ALWAYS give me a hard time about ID...i have been going to this bank since 1991. They seem to love Rick, not me. I am glad you like your job.....and i love reading about anything you have to write about...i LOVE Chris...she is the real deal...as are you!
I would have been a bit frustrated with the jean thing but i do not like to shop so that is why. Wow, New Zealand! That sounds so exotic.
Love you, lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm a caretaker at home and work part time on the internet making money.  I hate sitting at a desktop computer and I wasn't enjoying my job or play time because my ankles and feet would swell.  Now I got me a laptop and I love it!  It's been in the 90's down here....too hot for us.  And we need rain so bad.  We haven't had rain in over 2 months & we're in a severe drought.  Anyways, that's my job.  LOL
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a lovely weekend...I'm fighting high winds, pouring rain, & tornados tonight!!!!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

As far as jobs go, I've got a pretty good one managing a one gal office and never get bored for sure...sometimes it seems a bit too easy with very little to challenge me.  I am glad the days of clothing shopping for my babes is over, they were very picky too !  Now it's just me and I don't need much.  It's hot here too and sort of hard to take after the cool down we had.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Loved the flowered collage.
Not sure how that's spelled,
nor that I've correctly identifid your
artork.  Is it famous?!

Main Entry: col·lage
Function: noun
Pronunciation: k&-'läzh, ko -, kO-
Etymology: French, literally, gluing, from coller to glue, from colle glue, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin colla, from Greek kolla
1 : an artistic composition made of various materials (as paper, cloth, or wood) glued on a surface
2 : the art of making collages
3 : an assembly of diverse fragments <a collage of ideas>
4 : a work (as a film) having disparate scenes in rapid succession without transitions
- collage transitive verb
- col·lag·ist/-'lä-zhist/ noun

I'm retired. occasionally tempted to go back to work via
looking once more for a new agent. The last one deleted her staff,
rehired, then dropped me.  Ha ha ha ha ha ahhhhhh

A hot day here is disguisd as a foggy day early in the
morning, then the 'fog' is burned off and zowee it's
90. Cold air from the Pacific meets hot air from the
desert, and viola, fog.

The ATM machines outside my bank break periodically;
yesterday when I overdrew (with permission and a 'fine')
the machine gave me the wrong amount.  So today I went
back (to another branch) and took out what I needed. (I
overdrew again.) When I complained via telephone that I
shouldn't have to pay twice for their broken AM machine; they
replied, "Yes you do: you were overdrawn!"

Got a read on this? Are they kinder in Ohio?

Target in LA is getting amazingly better. They must be prospering.
We went to a Kohl's way East of LA and liked it but the employees
are really 'bush.'  (Australian for crude, and dressed inappropriatly.

Happy weekend.  

Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/











Anonymous said...

As you know I moved jobs recently and I love it! It`s stressless too....nice to find out a little more about you. have a good weekend.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny !!!!!!!!!

The flowers in the picture above your entry are beautiful. Its quite warm here in Atlanta, Georgia. I like my coworkers at my job. The hardest part is some of the people when they complain when we try to do the best we can. We have been short handed at our job so its hard to please everyone. I love Target you can get some good stuff there. I too love Walmart you can get some great t-shirts there. Do enjoy your weekend !!!!!!!!