Sunday, July 1, 2007

Cooler Temps, Naps

               


 


Hello again! It`s a sunny and cool day here in my little piece of Ohio. Right now it`s 66 degrees. Perfect!


I did absolutely nothing today except go to church, pick up some lunch at Taco Bell, and take a nap.


I talked to my daughter for about 30 seconds yesterday. They are safely in New Zealand! The time difference is 16 hours so it`s already tomorrow there (and winter.)


Church was lovely today - very patriotic, as we sang The Star Spangled Banner and many other such songs as the 4th of July draws near.


This may come as a shock, but I`ve decided not to buy any more handbags for a while. LOL, not exactly breaking news, but what I really want is a Dooney and Bourke bag! I can`t get one now as every cent I have has been poured into Corey`s trip and rent. But maybe once school starts again and she has her college loan money I`ll be able to. I would go for a Coach bag - they seem more prestigious, but honestly I much prefer the D&B bags. I don`t normally buy according to brand names anyhow; I buy what I like.


Speaking of money, I just paid $170 to have my car serviced. It was due for an oil change and 15,000 mile maintenance. ( So many miles and I`ve only had it 10 months! ) I hated to pay all that money to have a new car maintained, but what can you do? I have to keep it running well and I want everything to stay covered under the warranty with Toyota. The dealership did give me a loaner car for the day - a very nice Corolla. ( mine`s a Yaris. ) And ofcourse washed it for me.


Did anyone see the HUGE full moon last night?? I was reading that the moon was actually just very,very low in the sky, more than at any other time of the year, thus forming an optical illusion of looking so large. It was breathtaking!


I`ve noticed that since I`ve been working part time at the bank again that my fingers are often numb - Carpal Tunnel like. Sometimes I work my hand and wrist with a one-pound weight and that helps. My toes are still slightly numb due to a certain kind of chemo that I took for so long. I love working part time. I think more than that would be a bit too much.


I hope you`re all having a happy and safe weekend.


God bless---


 


 


 


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cool here too !  I napped just a little this afternoon after church, but haven't done much of anything else. I did get out for a walk up town and around the square and back that takes about an hour and it felt soooo good.  I'm glad all is well with your daughter.  It's a trip of a lifetime for sure.  I have all those purses from my purse a month last year, but have started carrying a small daytimer in my purse and now they are mostly all too small.  I'm looking for larger ones, but haven't found any I like. I need to get rid of the ones I won't carry anymore.  Have a great week.  Back to work tomorrow!  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Isn't this weather absolutely wonderful- You can actually go out and breathe the fresh air without melting! Happy to hear you heard for your daughter - I received the e-mail saying they arrived safely ~ Praise God! Hope your tomorrow brings with it some smiles!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Your nice relaxing day sounds wonderful!! I LOVE naps!! Good for you!
I'm not familiar with that type of purse.  I hope you can get the one you want soon, though.  
I did see that full moon last night. It was really something to see, wasn't it? I loved it! Hope you have a good evening and a good July 4th!
Hugs..Pam xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I had a 'lazy day'... it was great... but too cool for me... it was in the low 60s!
Brrrrrrrr  LMAO
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Penny, you don't have to get the service work done at the dealership for the warranty to remain.  As long as you are servicing it regularly somewhere, then you will not have any problems with your warranty.  In fact, a lot of the covered things don't even require you to maintain services on your car.  I've been doing my own services since about 1994 on many different cars and have never once had a warranty problem.  The dealership is just a bit hesitant to tell a potential customer that they can go elsewhere for services and still have the entire warranty available to them.

Greg

Anonymous said...

enjoy your week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

my church was also patriotic. It was a nice change. Then the preacher talked about being a good citizen and it hit home. My fingers get numb a lot too. I am glad Corey is ok in NZ. Winter there huh?
I want a new purse but i am really picky. I like big ones.
love you
lj

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day! :)

A girl can never have too many handbags! :) lol

How do you like your yaris?  My hubby is thinking of getting one--we love Toyotas and we need something with good gas milage for him. Does it sit low to the ground? And is it comfortable for long drives (he has a 45 minute drive to work).

The moon was huge here in MN.  I have seen it bigger at times but it was still quite beautiful.  Looks as if you could reach out and touch it if you just kept driving it bit further!

Have a great day!
Janis

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Our moon was so low it disappeared behind mountains, seen from a different place than I'm normally at.

Anonymous said...

Aah! handbags.  I give each handbag about 6 months before i get bored with it and look for another.  Shame i never throw any away though.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's a drag spending ANY kind of money on car maintanence, but worth it to keep your car as new as possible.  I find that we always keep up with that sort of thing for the first couple years, then slowly just put it off and eventually don't do it.  I am known for my 7000-mile oil changes!  I wouldn't know a Dooney and Bourke handbag if I fell over one!  
betsy