Saturday, June 23, 2007

Yard Sale

It`s a pleasant day here in northeastern Ohio. It`s about 68 degrees and partly cloudy.


My neighborhood is having its annual yard sale. Corey and I ( well, mostly Corey. ) spent a lot of time last week cleaning house and going through the shed to see what items we could sell or throw away. Wow, did we throw out some junk!


Since she still owes money for her New Zealand trip, all of today`s proceeds will go toward that. We don`t have high priced items to sell - mostly books, Cd`s, beanie babies, some household items, things like that. I think she has made $45 so far.


My poor Mandy about had a fit this morning when I took her out potty as she saw all the neighbors out and people getting an early start on buying. Running in circles, barking, growling .... geez!!! Then once I brought her back in she cried for about an hour. lol. Poor baby. She`s so spoiled. No way was I letting her stay outside. I jokingly said I could put a price tag on her, but my mom brought up a good point; Mandy wouldn`t let anyone even get close enough to her to buy her!


So I have the luxury of doing what I want today on my Saturday off while my daughter tends to the sale. I was out there for a bit chatting to people and whatnot. I ran out to get some gas and a soda for myself and an iced coffee for Cor.


I`m reading a good book by Jody Shields called The Crimson Portrait. It`s a rather strange story about a doctor during WWI who collaberates with an artist in a makeshift hospital to help wounded soldiers with horrible facial wounds. One man will be made into the image of a grieving widow`s lost husband. Shields is a talented writer. This is the first book I have read by her. Somewhat in the style of Anita Shreve.


I hope you`re all having a good weekend.


Love & God bless,



Thanks to Sugar for finding Imagechef.com. Love it!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book Penny! Hope Corey makes loads more money for her trip.
luv bella x

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

wish i could have come to your yard sale. Poor poor Mandy being made to stay indoors! I hope she ended up with extra treats! It is raining here.
love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

$45 huh...she is doing well.  I don't have the patience to sit out and do a yard sale, but then again, I don't think I have $45 worth of stuff I would get rid of.

Greg

Anonymous said...

That's really neato to have a community yard sale.  I love those! lol  I hope you all did well for Corey.  Good luck to her and prayers that she will be able to make enough money for the trip.  I have a lot of respect for her for what she is doing and YOU for raising such a wonderful daughter.  Hope you have a great week Penny!  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I wish my neighborhood would do a yard sale. That would be fun! The book you are reading sounds like something I'd enjoy. I'll have to remember that one.
Pam