Friday, June 15, 2007

Beauty Routine in Progress ......

Hello and happy weekend to ye!


Thanks for your good wishes and suggestions for the minor health issues I`ve been having. The swollen ankles and feet mean that I`m getting old I think! The fluids in the body succumb to gravity and thus end up retained in my left ankle. Lovely. The doctor did prescribe a support stocking. I haven`t gotten it yet, although I`m sure it`s very attractive. I do prop my leg up when I can.  Heh, somehow that doesn`t sound quite right .......            ô¿ô 


My bloodwork was all good - cholesterol, thyroid and all that.  Yay!  The pain in my side is gone. Thank God. I can once again move and breathe which is convenient.


Anyhow, I don`t have much time to do a journal entry because tonight is All About Penny - the night that I am giving myself a pedicure, coloring my hair, filing the nails, plucking the unwanted hairs - ( Come on, ladies, you know what I`m talkin` about! Ugh. )


Tomorrow I have to work. In the evening I`m going to a local festival featuring live music, fireworks and whatnot. What`s summertime without doing that?


Have a great weekend.


God bless and be well.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your tests came back good! Keep that leg up as much as possible & get that support stocking ASASP.  :)
Have a good wkend, don't work too hard.
Sug

Anonymous said...

Prayers have been answered once again~ great news on the test results! Every women deserves our "Me" time to get everything in it's place! Husband always says " When somethings bothering Momma" everything is bothering Momma! Even those little bitty hairs! Hope you enjoy your "Me Time" sorta weekend! Take care of you and yours. my friend!
Katie
http://journals.aol.com/ktkamanski/AlwaysBelieve/

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are going to be totally gorgeous !  We all need to take time out and do those things for ourselves.  Right now my fingernails look terrible and I need to give them some tlc for sure.  Glad you are feeling better.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time at your festival, I have swollen ankles too, I truly believe that I was in the Elephants queue when God gave legs out and that there is an Elephant running around with a great set of pins on them!! MINE!!!!
Have a good weekend......
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time tomorrow...good for you. I hope you are feeling peppy and pretty with the pedicure and stuff. Glad to hear you are feeling better too.
Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hope the stockings do the trick for the swollen feet, Pennie. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love those nights where I pamper myself.  They are few and far between unfortunately. Hope you have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

ROFL at the All About Penny night.  I severely need one of those about me soon.  Now, I'm sure you can "pretty up" that support stocking with all your crafty stuff.  LOL...fun getting old, isn't it?  Have fun at your festival.  I'm planning to take a day or two off and rest my weary mind.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your health issues are only minor.  Take care and have a good week.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Why stop at putting a leg up? I put both feet up whenever I get the chance.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

Why stop at putting a leg up? I put both feet up whenever I get the chance.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard