Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Spring Cleaning and Rearranging

I wish I could tell you that I have not posted an entry in a week because I`ve been busy with so many exciting things. The truth is that while I have been busy, nothing much very exciting is happening at the moment. But sometimes I prefer it that way.


I have had a pain in my right side for a few days now. It`s right by my rib cage. The doctor didn`t seem too concerned. Actually I think I may have pulled a muscle. I also wanted my doctor to look at my swollen foot and ankle. Again, there doesn`t seem to be a reason for concern there either. I went to the hospital yesterday to have an ultra sound done on both legs just to make sure there was no blood clot lurking around. Later I called off work. I was tired and my side was bothering me. I came home and slept.


Today we had the carpets shampooed. Everything looks so much nicer! Corey has been a big help to me lately. For one thing, she loves to cook, so she`s been making dinner. She also spent several hours sorting out all the junk that is stored in the shed. I moved to my current location about 4 years ago and whatever I didn`t know what to do with then went into the shed along with other miscellaneous items since then. We have bags and bags of stuff that we`re throwing out. The rest will go toward our yard sale in a couple weeks. I told Corey that any money we make she can use for her trip to New Zealand. This will be a missions trip so she has to raise the money to get there, plus buy her own plane ticket to LA, which is where they will be departing from. Please pray that she gets everything she needs. Our church is helping, as have many others. My ex-husband`s brother and his wife contributed $500!!


Also if you wouldn`t mind praying for the people that they will be talking with and helping while they are in NZ it would be much appreciated.


Today I`m catching up on the many things I wanted to do yesterday and didn`t ..... laundry, cleaning the patio, etc. Corey and I also re-arranged one of the bedrooms -- something I have been wanting to do for a long time now. It definitely looks better and there is more room.


I hope this finds everyone doing well. I plan on visiting journals today. I`m  behind again.


The picture at the top is one I took at a nearby park. I know I`ve posted it once before, but it`s pretty and that`s how it looks here today. Beautiful weather.  :0)


 


Love to all & God bless!!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lovely pic, so peacful. :)
Glad there seems  to be nothing serious e your side & foot. Hope they heal soon. In my prayers sweet lady.
Sounds like a busy week, mine is just dull.
Hugs,
Sug

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better soon:) have a great week

Deb

Anonymous said...

If you've been moving furniture, you have no doubt pulled a muscle! I'm sure that's all it is.
I like the idea of a yard sale to earn $$ for Corey's trip! I hope you make lots of $$.
Feel better soon and REST today.  That picture of that park is beautiful. Maybe you could go rest there for awhile with a good book.
Hugs...Pam

Anonymous said...

What a great photo.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

Ouch...hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about having not very exciting things to write about.  Most of the time anything exciting for me is bad news so quiet and ordinary is good.  I'll keep your daughter and the missions trip in my prayers.  From what I've heard about anyone making these kinds of trips is that they are blessed as much as the people they gone to minister to.  I need to rearrange and clean here, but have no extra time right now.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  Try and put your feet up and rest, that may help the swelling.  'On Ya'  - ma

Anonymous said...

I like non-excitement for sure.  Sounds like you got a lot done.  Did the doctor have any idea what could be causing your foot and ankle to swell?  Corey has to be so excited.  I just know the Lord will provide all the funding she needs somehow.  The yard sale sounds like fun.  Prop those legs up and get some rest.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your pain and hope you find some relief soon.  I love those non existant days ~ I just don't get enough of them. I shall pray for you and yours with hopes that all will be taken care of soon!  I found your video to be very relaxing, I could just pull up a zzzzzzzzzzzz. Sorry dozed off for a moment.  Hope this day finds you happy and healthy! Take care of you and yours!
Katie
http://journals.aol.com/ktkamanski/AlwaysBelieve/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you are feeling better by now.  If it ain't one thing, it's another...I have spent the entire Spring sitting here looking around at all the things I SHOULD be cleaning and straightening up.  I finally cleaned out the kitchen drawers last night, now to just keep going.  A little bit each day, surely I can manage that...???  It never ends.  Good luck with your garage sale, hope Corey makes lots of $$$ for her trip.
betsy

Anonymous said...

Hope you`ve had a better day and that you are feeling a bit better. Clearing the clutter is good for you well done.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

we need rain ,do you?
I hope your yard sale goes well.....isnt it nice to clean out things? I hate to do it though. I hope your pain goes away soon too. love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better Penny.
Take it easy gal.
Delaine