Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday`s Greetings

Hi again friends.


Check out the above pictures. I had story time at the library today with some "friends." They`re a bit stony and inhuman until you get to know them.


Ahem -----


The other two shots are from a little store I visited in Amish country. Antiques, gift shop, and a wine shop that sells wines from vineyards all over the state of Ohio.


The sky darkened and the rain began to fall, so we headed home. Otherwise I would have had more pictures to bore you or entertain you with. ( Depending on your point of view. )


Saturday evening I met up with my friend Cathie at a local festival - hot rod show, bands playing, lots of carnival food and fireworks. It was a good time, but I was bombarded with hot flashes! What`s the point of getting ready, doing the hair and make up, only to feel like a sweat hog all night?? LOL


I have mentioned before that my daughter is leaving for New Zealand soon. It`s a missions trip so therefor she has to raise money on her own to get there. It`s almost time to go and she is still short on the financial end. She was in tears earlier and I felt so helpless. But then we prayed and things turned around.


There`s kind of a new phrase that we`ve been hearing for the past couple years - " Think outside the box. " That`s basically what God`s been telling us for years! Lean not on our own understanding!


Where we can see no way out of a situation, God can and does make a way where there seemingly is no way.


So to those of you who have been praying and/or are donating funds ..... thank you!!  Lives are changed because of these trips .... not only the lives of those that are ministered to, but people like my daughter who watch in awe at what God does in people`s lives ( and in her own life as well!)


Anyhow, I hope this finds you all happy and well.


I`m feeling great physically.


And spiritually - I know God is in control.


Happysummer!!



thanks Jen for all the great name tags you make and find for me   :0)


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day and tribute to Our GOD! He is an AWESOME GOD! I am so happy to hear you are feeling as you should be - Happy, Healthy and full of Life! Have a wonderful tomorrow my friend!
Katie
http://journals.aol.com/ktkamanski/AlwaysBelieve/

Anonymous said...

I love strolling through antigue shops. I think it is one of my favorite  places. Fortunately, it's one of Johnny's too, although lately he's been too sick to enjoy anything.
Think outside the box." Love that! I've heard it before too. It's terrific, helps me remember that not all things is as they appear. God sees what I miss.
Hugs,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/letterstoheaven

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your daughter and her trip.  I know that if it is meant to be - there will be funds for her to make the trip.  God always finds a way to do His work through us.  Glad you are feeling so well and enjoying the summer by getting out and about.  I love antique shops...  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

That is an unusual statue in the picture. The old women continues to read totally oblivious to her daughters toothache!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics, I hope your daughter has a good trip that helps her and others when she is there, have a good weekend Penny.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics.  Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

i love all your pics......what cool stone sculture at the library. So glad Corey had enough  $$ for her trip.
Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your pictures! I sure would have enjoyed that antique shop...I could spend hours there! LOL!
I'm glad Corey had enough $ to make the trip!
Pam