Thursday, April 5, 2007

Droopy Daffodils

"I`ve wondered why it is that some people


come through difficult times bitter and broken


while others emerge stronger and empathetic?


I`ve read that the same breeze that


extinguishes some flames just fans others.


I still don`t know what kind of flame I am."


 


This quote comes from a wonderful book by Richard Paul Evans called Finding Noel. I highly recommend it. You won`t be disappointed.


 


So you know what`s sad? What`s sad is seeing that the snow and bitter cold have made all the daffodils that were just days ago blooming and boasting with color droop to the ground. What a strange sight, seeing the green grass with snow scattered in between the blades and glorious yellow flowers just laying down.


I bought some scrumptious goodies at Bath & Body Works today. Pink Grapefruit body spray,  Cherry Blossom perfume, Apple bath gel, and Peach bath gel.


Hey, a girl`s gotta smell good.     :0)


Tomorrow I am meeting my friend Cathie for lunch at Panera. Which is right beside Target. Hmmm..... It doesn`t take a psychic to see that there may be more shopping in my future.  lol


 


 


 


 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny, that quote is beautiful.  I'm more than half tempted to turn off my computer and renew my reading,

Anyway, I'm looking out the door now and there is at least 2 inches of snow on my car.  We still don't have any daffodils yet but the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.  LOL..of course my snow tires are packed away in the garage.

Target and Bath & Body...my two favorites.  I paid my Target charge off so I avoid it   Megan moolights every Christmas season at Eat N Park and Bath & Body.  She gets a huge discount, and buys all her Christmas gifts plus more.  Since I use her room, I just pilfer whatever she leaves at home.  

Anyway, I'm rambling on.  Get those boots out when you go shopping today...blah.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

All our blooms are frozen too !  It is sad to see them lying there.  I've got that Cherry Blossom shower gel and body spray.  I guess if we can have the real thing , we'll just have to spray ourselves and pretend.  Hope you have a good day off and enjoy the shopping too !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

great entry and so true....

Have a grand time shopping today.. stay warm.  Can you believe more snow?  GRRRRR

hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,thanks for stopping by and looking in......stop by anytime......have a good one and don't spend to much money out there shopping

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting, and yes i have booked a cottage in the country and near the sea, now all we need is the sun the same as we are having today.
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

have fun with your friend and shoping, have a great Easter weekend, MISSY

Anonymous said...

that is a beautiful quote. It is snowing here right now and covering the ground too. I hope you enjoy Panera. They have good chicken salad. Enjoy your Easter weekend.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE Panera,  everything there is delicous.  Those fancy breads are my biggest weakness.  Hope you had fun.