Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuesday`s Tidbits

 " Ain`t  nothin` ever as good or bad


                   as you think it is "


 


From W. Dale Cramer`s new novel Summer of Light.


 


I forgot to mention yesterday that I have lost 2 pounds. Weight has been a real issue for me, esp with the steroids that have been part of my leukemia treatment. So losing 2 pounds was nice to hear! I hope to lose more since I will soon be free of the steroids!!!


I have been walking some and today when my mom and I went to lunch I ordered a salad. <patting self on the back. >


I bought a cute peach shirt and a pair of pajamas while we were out shopping.   :0)


I was reading the news online about the whole Virginia Tech ordeal. It makes me cry. Such a tragic and senseless waste. The young man who went on the shooting rampage was  very disturbed and showed many signs of just how troubled he was. I wish something could have been done sooner. I read that the school had even suggested counseling. Then again, hindsight is always 20/20. Horrific. I just don`t know what to say.  I am praying for all of these families involved.


Also, to my dear friend, Patty. I know she`s probably not reading this in her time of grief, but her mother passed away on Sunday. Patty and I have been friends since grade school. Her mother went on to a better place where she is free of pain.


Well, I am off to clean the kitchen. I actually cooked today! Then watch American Idol. Everyone seems bored with it, myself included. I find myself channel surfing through it more and more. A lackluster season this time.


Thank you for all the wonderful comments lately.


Love,



 


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss!  That's always a good thing!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Love that quote, Penny!  WTG with losing weight.  Look out when the steroids are done with.  You'll be knocking them dead.  

That VA Tech ordeal is just horrific.  Young ones seem to be far more disturbed these days or else they have more weapons at hand to use.

I'm finding AI and Dancing with the Stars lackluster this time.  Neither is holding my attention.  Sort of sad because I looked forward to both for so long.  Oh well, maybe I'll get some more things done around here.  I'll keep your friend, Patty, in my prayers.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Cograts on the 2 lbs! WHOOP WHOOP!
The peach shirt sounds great, I love peach.
Yes, very sad about VT. Prayers going up.
Sug

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to find 2 pounds gone.  I haven't had that pleasure in quite a long while.  I'm afraid the scales just keep inching upwards and I've no meds to blame it on either.  I've been watching a little tv with my Dad on Saturdays otherwise I never turn it on.  It seems too depressing most days and rarely is there a good movie on ...so I enjoy the peace and quiet.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

That VTech thing was just insane.  I can't imagine the turmoil in a person's head to make him do such a thing.  Makes no sense at all.  Two pounds is great!  The longest journey starts with one step...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!!! You go, girl!
I love AI, but this is my 1st season watching. THANK GOD SANJAYA IS GONE!

So so so sorry about your friends mom passing away. As we age we see those we liked/loved and cared about die more and more and it is so hard.
Do you love purses or Pj's the most?
love you
lj

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny !!!!!!!

Congratulations on losing 2 pounds that's great. I am proud of you. I have been eating chocolate and tons of junk food so I can't say that I have lost. I have gained more actually. I too enjoy shopping.

I have to say that I too was upset about the Virginia Tech ordeal. I think its sad and horrible. My heart goes out to the families and to the friends who who have lost their loved ones. I still can't understand how it all happened and why that guy snapped.

I am sorry to hear about your friend Patty's news. My condolences go out to her.

I too haven't been all that interested in American Idol. I watch it some days and some days I don't. Take care Penny.

Anonymous said...

Well done you on your TWO pounds!!!! Keep up the good work, and yes the news has been really tragic this week heaven knows what those poor families are coping. Have a good Sunday Penny.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

I still cant believe the VTech thing happened, no one is safe and that is so scary!!
On a lighter note congratulations on the weight loss, I cant imagine what the meds do to someone's body, but hopefully those meds are gone soon and forever!!
American Idol just isn't the same this year but maybe now that Sanjaya is gone it will get better. He should have been gone the first week!
Im sorry about your friend's loss, please tell her people are thinking of her during this time.

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

I hope you are doing well Penny.  Glad you will soon be off of the 'roids.  Have a good week ahead.

Phil