Thursday, April 26, 2007

Shopping, Changes, and a Cool Band

Hello again. I`m sorry I blinded all of you with that last entry. It wasn`t intentional. I would have changed it if I could but heck if I could figure it out!


Last night I went to bed early and skipped American Idol. I watch it to see how they sing and who gets voted off, not for a fundraiser. Not that I have anything against that ; it just wasn`t what I wanted to watch.


 Today was my day off so I slept in late until - -  well, until embarrassingly late.


I had lunch at Friendly`s and did a bit of shopping. I desperately needed bath towels. I don`t know how exactly bath towels come up missing, but mine have seemed to be dwindling. So I found some on sale and bought mostly pink ones.  :0)  I was also looking for kitchen towels in red or with apples but didn`t find any of those. I didn`t buy a purse. Not because I didn`t find any I liked ( because believe me, I did look and did find )


After a stop to the bank and the dry cleaners I stopped at the auto store to buy a car vacuum. As often as I wash and clean my car, I`m figuring this will definitely save me money in the long run. When I came out of the store a guy was parked next to me in a pickup truck and he said hello, so I smile and say hi. Then, I`m not really sure how, but we ended up having like a 10 - minute conversation.


Then I was on my way to Walmart. By this time I`m sort of tired. I suppose it`s  caused by all the meds and treatments I`ve had over the past two years. I`m wondering how it will feel to be completely off all of them. As usual, I`m standing in the check out line all in a hot flash. Does this happen to any of you ladies? Ugh, it sure is a nuisance!


Anyhow, I was thinking today how many ways I have changed over the years. I have always been sort of a neat freak, but not with the frenzy that I used to be. So much more mellow now. I mean, I still keep things clean and tidy, but now if I can put off vacuuming for a day  I will - or if the dishes don`t get done by bedtime, that`s okay.


When I was going through my divorce I wanted very much to start dating again. So I did meet a few guys here and there and dated a couple of them. It`s hard to believe I`ve been single for over six years now. I guess you could say my bout with leukemia put a cramp in my social life for a (long) while, but I find that I`m happy being single. Don`t get me wrong, I`m always on the lookout for that Christian gentleman ( where IS he, anyhow?? ) , but I don`t mind not dating. It has to be someone special because I`d just as soon sit home with John Grishom <wink> than to just go out with someone for the sake of going out. Not to mention that most of the guys I see who are good looking and that I find appealing are - oh, half my age. LOL


Anyhow, I was bopping along in my car today to a really cool band.


>>>> TheAcademyIs <<<<


Tomorrow I have another day off, so I`ll be taking my mom to lunch and then to get her hair done. I didn`t mention that she fell down the other night. I hear her yell, "Help!" So I go into the back bedroom and there she is, sprawled out on her back. It seems that some little Cocker Spaniel, Mandy ( with that wittle face that Mama wuvs so much - muah, muah! ) was chasing a tennis ball and how that ball ended up under one of my mother`s feet just as she was walking into the bedroom is beyond me. To make matters even more hysterical ( I mean worse. Worse. ), Mandy thinks she wants to play. Why else would she be down on the floor like that? So with tail wagging and body wiggling, she`s all over her. LOL  It`s funny now because my mother wasn`t hurt, thank God. But I could not get that woman up. Had to call 911. Mandy had to go in her cage for a little while because the excitement was just about too much for one little puppy.


 


 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good friday:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day off!  I'm so happy your Mom didn't hurt herself when she fell.  I agree with you about the dating.  You've been single for 6 yrs? Well, you'll meet someone when the time is right.  That's what I tell myself anyway!!  LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Your bath towels must be visiting the Always missing sock (have you tried Cracker Barrel for the apple towels?).  I'm sorry, I had to laugh about your puppy thinking Grandma wanted to play - Happy to hear your mom was not hurt.  Enjoy your special time until that Christian gentleman comes a callin. Take care of you and yours always, Katie

Anonymous said...

I was at Walmart again myself today.  Another hundred bucks out the window.  I'm suffering from sandal addiction lately, can't have enough of them.  That darn dog of yours is too cute.  Glad Mom wasn't hurt.

Anonymous said...

It's always something isn't it.  Sounds like you had a nice day.  I always DVR American Idol of late, seems I'm never home when it's on.  Glad your MOM is okay.  Cute that Mandy thought she was playing.  DE ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you about American Idol.  It turned into a telethon, which is fine, just not what I wanted to spend my evening watching.  The wife wanted to watch, however.....so we watched.  Sorry to hear about you Mom, I can definitely relate to those kind of issues, as I am dealing with some of the same stuff.

Greg

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I skim the housework sometimes too it`s good to do that! he he!! have a great weekend.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

LOL...Penny, I hate to chuckle and am glad your mother wasn't hurt but it had to be a sight.  I haven't been watching much of AI and missed the fundraising thingie.  You didn't buy a purse...now I'm shocked...hehe.

Yep, I think I've changed but not for the better.  I don't get things done at all around here like I used to.  That's going to change because this house only holds so much.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Love ya, Chris