Monday, April 16, 2007

Surprising News

  


 


Who couldn`t wuv this wittle face???


Mandy has been groomed since this picture was taken and got all her hair cut off for summer, but she`s still cute as a button!


So I go to Cleveland Clinic today for what seems to be - or maybe was -  my millionth treatment. I had my bloodwork done as usual and then met with my doctors before my chemo. We start talking and looking over my schedule. I was diagnosed with leukemia in March of 2005. I underwent 7 months of intensive treatment. Then I went on maintenance, which consisted of treatment once a month. This was when my hair started to grow back in. There were some bumps along the way, but eventually I started to look and feel normal again.  Maintenance lasts for 18 months.


Guess what?


It`s been 18 months!!!


I officially got my last dose of chemotherapy today.


Give me an AMEN!


Praise the Lord!


Whhoooo - hoooooo!


I have to finish my meds ( one month ) and then I will be off them too. After 2 years and 2 months ( in May, when I will finish all the meds ) - I`m done!


Please take a moment if you`re inclined to do so and pray that the leukemia never ever comes back.


I know there are many throughout J-Land fighting their own battles and I pray that they, too, will have their day when the treatments are done and they are well again.


Thank you for all your prayers, support, and words of encouragement along the way. It means so much.


Love you guys!


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at that little angel!!!!
Yeah my Joey, needs to be groomed too.
Congrats. am glad you finished.
God Bless.
Delaine

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo and a big AMEN!!!!  I pray every day that you will be free and clear of leukemia forever and ever!  Your battle has been an inspiration all along to those who are just in the beginning stages of treatment and all of us.  God Bless you dear, Penny, with a long, long, healthy life ahead of you.  Love you bunches, Chris

Anonymous said...

He is too cute and oh yes woo hoo and amen!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

AMEN & PRAISE GOD!
Sending a prayer up now.
God Bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing your course!! What a milestone!  It should be celebrated.  I wish I were there to take you to lunch to celebrate.
You know I will keep you in my prayers.
Love and hugs,
Pam xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

So happy for you finishing up the treatment.  I do hope it is all gone and never to be heard from again.

Greg

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
I am so happy for you... sending all kinds of hugs and good vibes.
Lots of prayers this chapter is gone forever.
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I know you are elated to have all that come to an end.  I will pray that you are completly recovered and thank the good Lord for his blessings to you.  With all that behind you life will be more precious than ever.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

That makes you a SURVIVOR! That's awesome! Stay well!
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Of course i will pray it never comes back and i know how much you are a fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy this is almost past you...you are so strong! Mandy is ADORABLE!
Just like you.
Love,lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Praise the Lord!

Whhoooo - hoooooo!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great news.  Praying for you.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

That is the best news ever!  And I think you deserve a new purse and a trip to Olive Garden for that...wish I was there to take you!  Give that gorgeous poochie a big smooch from me.

Anonymous said...

Mandy looks lovely in the photo and I am sure she is more beautiful since her grooming!    My dog Salty needs a bath so if today is warm enough I will fill the water jugs with warm water and tie him to the tree so that I can wash him.    He is quite ripe and sleeps next to my bed.   It would be difficult to wash him indoors in the winter.   I only have a small shower stall and he would then shake all over the kitchen.   lol      I think it is fantastic that you are done with your leukemia chemo and will be off of the medication!    My thoughts and prayers for your continued success with the luekemia never returning.    I feel the act of the professor that gave his life blocking the door at Virginia Tech while students escaped was an act of unselfishness.    Future warning signs by people threatening acts that can result in murder should be taken seriously.    He was clearly drawing attention to himself through his writing of murder.    It will be a lesson never forgotten.    I have a new artwork entry in my other journal if you would like to view it,    mark
http://journals.aol.com/mtrib2/landscapeartwork

Anonymous said...

I am doing my happy fat girl dance, this is the best news I have heard in weeks, especially with so many in j-land fighting their own battles. Penny, congratulations, now you gotta dance too : ) And praying that it never returns. I wuv that puppy face!!!

~ Jenny