Monday, April 9, 2007

My Post Easter Posting

                           


Isn't it strange how everyone wants a place in heaven but...
they don't want to believe, do, or say anything to get there?

 

 

 

I came across the above quote and really liked it. It`s funny how so many people just sort of 'expect' they`ll get into Heaven without giving much to God during their lifetime. We have so many blessings here in our lives! I would like to encourage you to give something back to the Lord.

 

I hope you all had a lovely Easter. Church was very intense yesterday. After the sermon, a robed man, portraying Jesus, struggled to the front of the sanctuary carrying a large cross.

 

We had each been given a small card, which we wrote our names on, and a nail.

 

We then lined up to go to the front of the sanctuary where the cross had been placed and one by one we were given a hammer and we nailed our names onto that cross. Let me tell you, it really made the whole death of Jesus become so real. It was very moving. There weren`t many dry eyes.

 

I believe the fact that He rose from death is the single greatest event in the history of the world. So Happy Easter.

 

It`s still cold out. What happened to spring?

 

I have to work today, so I better get going. I just wanted to leave a quick post and to update MySpace. I will change my sidebar soon.

 

Have a great day!

 

Thanks, Jenny, for the bunny tag. lol Too cute.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!  That would have been SO intense! I would have loved to have been at that service.  I would love my son to see a service like that.
So glad you had a good Easter, Penny!
Love to you,
Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm back to work and it's a little warmer, most of the snow is melting !  I hope it stays gone. 'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to been at that service.  Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh, how powerful ... I have tears in my eyes!!  

I do agree with the quote ... it's amazing the sense of "entitlement" some folks are walking around with.  ;o/

LORI

Who I am… underneath it all:  
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, sorry I am late, but better late than never right??
MISSY

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

The sermon i heard on Sunday had little to do with Easter....instead the pastor ripped into Rosie, Donald Trump and Sam Kinnison. I am still confused over that sermon. I like your entry. You are right about everything you wrote.
Raining and windy here.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

The sermon i heard on Sunday had little to do with Easter....instead the pastor ripped into Rosie, Donald Trump and Sam Kinnison. I am still confused over that sermon. I like your entry. You are right about everything you wrote.
Raining and windy here.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

nice to see U again,,,,have a safe day


Anonymous said...

< "We have so many blessings here in our lives! I would like to encourage you to give something back to the Lord." "

Thanks for the reminder Penny.
Lately I've noticed that the beauty
in what IS, is partly of our own creation.
Using God-given creative powers of course.

Taking a cue from Saint Francis, I see
God's love in the busy beauty of our five
finches, to say nothing of our glorious little new
arrival Mark Andrew. Francis, I think, is the Saint
who doted on birds. And Our Lord loved children.

Barry

Anonymous said...

I've been to several moving Easter services.  It really brings the message home loud and clear.

Looks like you got your sidebar changed.  Love the hanging flower basket at the top!

Ugh to this weather.  Pretty darned typical, though.  We seem to drift from this cold dreary stuff right into the 90 degree humidity.  I still would love to see some flowers sprouting.

LOL..have fun at your MySpace.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

That must have been a very moving experience. I didn't get to church this year for Easter and still feel guilty about it, it's usually one of my favorite services.

HURRY UP SPRING!!!! : )

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

It depends what heaven is offering.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

h