Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fall is in the Air!

  


The weather is starting to get cooler and I noticed this week the colors of the leaves just beginning to change. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the cool air, the pumpkins and mums, the outbreak of gorgeous colors.


A rather uneventful week thus far. I was off Monday, worked Tuesday and off today.


By the way, September is Leukemia Awareness Month. Go on out and donate some blood! For those of you who might not know, leukemia is cancer of the blood. I never really knew that until I was diagnosed and I sure never wanted to find out that way. A year and a half later and I am almost done with all the treatments. I feel in my heart that I want to be able to help others going through similar situations. I`m not sure yet how God is going to use me, but I`d just like to be able to offer some hope and a smile to others.


So I decided to crank out my iPod tonight. There`s this beautiful song I`m listening to by Darren Hayes, who was the singer for Savage Garden.


It's such a hard life in most of the time
I'm just surviving
That's why I want you to know
In the world where sincerity has lost its meaning
You fill my world with so much hope


 


I noticed some of you now have videos in your journals. With my phone line connection, I can`t watch them. Aarrgh!! Too slow. So I will be calling to see about getting high speed. Not only because of the videos, but basically the fact that I just can`t take it no mo`!!


I have also noticed in many journals this 'Ask me any question' thing. Okay, I`m going to play along. Ask me a question when you comment and I will answer. Did you ever ask yourself, "What have I gotten myself into now??" That`s kind of how I feel with this game. lol  Be nice. Be gentle. Ha Ha


Thanks, Chris for the lovely tag.


Peace ya`ll ---



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fall too! Also enjoy spring, summer is too hot & winter too cold! LOL
I enjoy the videos but will never make one as I don't have a camcorder & I'm VERY tech challenged. :)
Question, hmmm...what is your favorite song & why.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Fall is the time of year when I feel like everyone else does when Spring comes.  I'm rejuvenated.  I'm going to think of a question and get back to you.  Hm.  Please get Broadband.  It'll change your whole life.  Once you go, you'll never go back.
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!  I love autumn too, though can't feel it here for a couple more months.  Leaves don't turn the pretty colors either...just get drab green. lol  I love that tag by Chris BTW.  Here's my question:  What kind of girl were you in high school...what clique did you hang around, did you make good grades, did you skip school ; ), how did you dress, and were you ever sent to the principals office?  OK, that's it for me.  Big hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i am thankful i have Broadband......my PC would be so slow if i didnt.....these videos are going to be fun to make....i want you to see them!! I can not donate blood and have tried so many times and i have gotten so upset as i got turned away. I guess because i have been sick.
Yes it is fall in Ohio....chilly here today...windy too.
Ok, one question for you....

tell us a story about one time in your life when you were completely happy.
Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Fall is definitely in the air here also but no leaves have even begun to change yet.  Hmmmm....questions.....if you had to move to a foreign city and live there for a year, what city would it be and why???  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny     Thanks for visiting my journal and viewing the cow pasture next to my property line.    It is nice having a peaceful home away from traffic and the closed in feeling.    I am unable to donate blood due to having elevated liver enzymes in 1995 though I did not have hepititis.    My liver enzymes are normal now but I still am never allowed to donate.     My father passed away in 2004 and was 4 days away from his 84th birthday.    He had been on transfusions due to his low blood cell count.    I do hope that your treatment for Luekemia was entirely successful and it seems there are new treatments with great promise.   I don't really have a question for you but have read some of the one's asked about you and will read them.     My diagnosis of Stenosis of the L4-5 lumbar vertebra is severe and I am waiting to learn if a Neurosurgeon will see me on my Medicaid Card since doctors have not been paid for a year in the State of Illinois.     mark

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful fall weather day here, 66 and a breeeze, perfect day to go shopping lol : )
I love Darren Hayes, and I believe he writes all his own songs. His lyrics really have a great messages.
Hmmm... thinking of questions if I'm not too late : )
Since we both love music so much, If you dedicated a song to your daughter, what song would it be? What song everytime you hear it makes you cry? And do you believe in soulmates? Hope that's not too many questions : )
~ Jenny
http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/BunnySlipperBanter/