Thursday, September 14, 2006

Answers Part I

  


So here are some answers to a few questions I received concerning my previous entry.


 Sugar`s question was first and I was already stumped! She asks: What is your favorite song and why?


Geesh, I have TONS of favorite songs. This is a very good question, but a tough one for me. I will chose "Just One Victory" by Todd Rundgren. I have seen Todd dozens of times, especially back in my youth and he would always close the concert with this anthem of a song. Near the end of the song,while one verse is being sung, a completely different set of lyrics is being sung at the same time, which I find to be brilliant. My friends and I knew never to leave one of his shows until he performed this song. ( rookies would leave after one or two encores, but not us! We knew better! ) My friends and I would have our arms linked as we sang out this song and everyone in the audience was up on their feet. We were young and happy and singing our hearts out. We have become known as the "Toddettes." lol


So I salute my fellow Toddettes, both past and present : Kim, Nancy, Tina, Betsy, Patty, Janice, Scream, Deloris, and Diane!!


I have to mention a couple other songs - " Me and the Moon " by Something Corporate ( awesome song!! ) and "I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. You know I MUST mention my Boys!! I love their happy, upbeat songs. While going through my divorce, listening to them always made me feel better.


 


Next is  SHELLY `s question. She asks: What kind of girl were you in high school? What clique did you hang around? Did you make good grades, did you skip school, how did you dress, were you ever sent to the principal`s office?


( Ahem, correct me if I`m wrong, but is this not 6 questions?? lol ) You guys are good at this!


Let me start off by saying that in high school I was voted " Most Unique. " lol, Not entirely sure if that was a compliment, but that`s how I took it!!


I hung around with the COOL crowd. You had to be into a certain kind of music to be in my circle and if you liked to party and have fun, that certainly helped. I know, I know what you`re thinking - " Our Penny of J-Land? "  Well, this was back in the day, folks. We had FUN. I liked music, I had long blonde hair, and it was all about going to concerts, getting autographs, and drinking some wine along the way. I made good grades when I wanted to, but it wasn`t exactly my highest priority. I didn`t skip school much, mostly because my school was very strict about things like that. ( go figure ) But my friend Chris and I did once have a contest as to who could miss the most days. ( He won ) I was only sent to the principal`s office once and that was in Jr High because I was reading a book that he felt was inappropriate. I was for the most part a jeans and T shirt kind of girl, usually band shirts, as I went to just about every concert there was, usually several a month. But by my senior year I was into looking nice - skirts, nice shirts, dressier things.


Thank God I lived through it!


LisaJo asks: Tell us a story about one time in your life when you were completely happy.


The first thing that came into my mind was December of 1988. I was living in New York, married a couple years by this time and my daughter was 2. I was 27, my husband was 31. My friend, Brenda, who lived in California was getting married and I was to bein her wedding. ( Yep, she had flown to NY to be in mine - this was to fulfill a promise we had made to each other in 7th grade, that wewould be in each others wedding. Who knew from Ohio that she would move to the west coast and me to the east??) 


Anyhow, we took a 2-week vacation to California. It was the first time my hubby had flown and he was a nervouse wreck. ( sadly, we divorced 14 years later ) It was such a fun trip!! I had several other friends who were also out there at the time to attend this same wedding. We went to LA, Hollywood, Palm Springs, San Diego, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Anaheim, Long Beach.... it was fabulous. We were young and happy and so in love. We took our daughter everywhere with us and were happy to do so. We had such a wonderful time that we flew out to California every winter after that for the next 6 years!


Last question for this entry -


CHRIS asks: If you had to move to a foreign city and live there for a year what city would it be and why?


I didn`t have to think about this one much because it is a place I`d love to see - Tuscany, Italy. That`s why I put the picture at the top. (It`s called 'Dreaming of Tuscany.')


Tuscany is referred to as the 'medieval heart of Italy.' I have read of its enchanted castles, sprawling vineyards, and centuries of art apparent everywhere you go there. Sounds very romantic, quaint and peaceful.


So anyone else who has a question, just ask. This is fun! :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on girlfirend......
Missy

Anonymous said...

Cool!  Waiting for part deux

Hugs
Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me! I sure do regret that we never got to see Todd together, but at least we can thank him for introducing us to each other!
Betsy

Anonymous said...

i would LOVE to go to Italy before i die. I had an Italian lover once. Long story. Bad ending. Nice romance. Hmm.

I love your answers!! I can see you as my friend Terri Parsells...she was smart, pretty, blonde and so straight laced until we were out of the Dayton area and we were passing the Boones Farm as we sped to an Aerosmith concert. On the outside, she was nothing like anyone knew..she could have a good time!
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Do you regret deleting your other journal?    What were you doing on August 1, 1972 at 1pm?  LOL  Have a great weekend Penny.

Phil

Anonymous said...

ROFL...Penny, you were a semi "bad" girl.  But, yep, I can definitely verify that you were one totally hot blonde.  Guess those blondes do have more fun.  I loved your answers.  You do such an excellent job of weaving a story.  Tuscany....lovely, but boy was I off on my guess.  LOL.I was thinking Paris with all the arts and museums.  Take me to Tuscany with you....Love you, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny..here`s my question - If you could have just one moment in your life to live all over again, what moment would it be and what would you do differently if you could?
love bella xx

Anonymous said...

As an artist who is not working on my art but on my home so that I can have more room to work on drawing/painting as well as making some of my own furniture with the new table saw that I need room for and have never used yet, I would like to live in a 'villa' in Tuscany and paint the beautiful architecture/landscape settings and learn Italian and become part of the culture.   Of course that is in my dreams only and what is wrong with dreaming,  lol  .    I like Todd Rundgren also.      mark

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great answers.  I loved reading this.
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad to have found your new journal Penny. Knowing that you're a handbag addict too, if you ever make it to Tuscany you must visit Florence - handbag heaven. I was very restrained and only bought 4, mainly due to lack of suitcase space to bring them home.
Your new car looks good. The Yaris is very popular here in the UK, our cars are much smaller generally - due to small roads, severe parking problems and the price of petrol here being nearly $10 a gallon.
Angie

Anonymous said...

Great great answers!  And yes, it was six questions. lol  Thanks for answering all of them. : )  Hugs and GBU, Shelly