Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Answers Part III and Shopping

  


 


Hi everyone. Just a quick entry ( yeah, right ) before I`m off to church.


Jenny threw out a few more questions for me. First one: If you dedicated a song to your daughter what would it be? Wow, you`re all so good at this question thing. I`m stumped. I would want it to be the very best for my daughter, so I am going to pick a song we sing at church called Lord I Lift Your Name on High.


http://www.walkthroughlife.com/midis/christian/lordilift.htm


Lord I Lift Your Name On High
Words and Music by Rick Founds

Lord I lift your name on high
Lord I love to sing your praises
I'm so glad you`re in my life
I'm so glad you came to save us

You came from heaven to earth
To show the way
from the earth to the cross
My debt to pay
from the cross to the grave
from the grave to the sky
Lord I lift your name on high


It`s the first thing that came to my mind. My first and foremost desire for her life is to trust in Jesus in everything that she does.


What song makes you cry every time you hear it?


I`m not a big cryer when it comes to songs, but one song that always gets me emotional is Jesus Take The Wheel by Carrie Underwood. Love it! There`s also a song by Savage Garden called Two Beds and a Coffee Machine. An unlikely title for a beautiful song, it`s about a woman who flees an abusive relationship with her small children.


And she takes another step
Slowly she opens the door
Check that he is sleeping
Pick up all the broken glass and furniture on the floor
Been up half the night screaming now it's time to get away
Pack up the kids in the car
Another bruise to try and hide
Another alibi to write

Another ditch in the road
You keep moving
Another stop sign
You keep moving on
And the years go by so fast
Wonder how I ever made it through

And there are children to think of
Baby's asleep in the backseat
Wonder how they'll ever make it through this living nightmare
But the mind is an amazing thing
Full of candy dreams and new toys and another cheap hotel
Two beds and a coffee machine
But there are groceries to buy
And she knows she'll have to go home

Another ditch in the road
You keep moving
Another stop sign
You keep moving on
And the years go by so fast
Wonder how I ever made it through

Another bruise to try and hide
Another alibi to write
Another lonely highway in the black of night
But there's hope in the darkness
You know you're going to make it

Another ditch in the road
Keep moving
Another stop sign
You keep moving on
And the years go by so fast
Silent fortress built to last
Wonder how I ever made it


Jenny`s last question is: Do you believe in soul mates? I`m glad you asked this. No, I don`t! I think this term has given people the unrealistic idea that there`s this perfect person out there waiting for them somewhere. It goes right along the lines of "the grass is always greener." I am romantic at heart, I believe in love and that a deep, caring nurturing relationship between two people is very attainable.... But, let`s face it,  people who get along well and have been together for a long time in a good relationship do so because they are committed to doing so. They learn to compromise and overlook faults. They communicate well and are sensitive to each other`s needs. That`s my take on it, anyhow.


 


Today I bought Clay Aiken`s new CD. I haven`t had a chance to listen to it yet. I love his new look with the dark hair! I also got a new aqua sweater and a rust colored shirt - one of whichI am going to have to put on rather quickly and get to church. Bye!!








 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope church is good tonight:) we are staying home i feel cruddy and dh has a head cold ugh tis the season for sickness i guess

Deb

Anonymous said...

Enjoy church....having a soulmate would sure be a romantic thing wouldnt it? Marriage and relationships are so much work.
Love you
lj

Anonymous said...

Good answer about soul mates.  I also don't believe in love at first sight.  I think lust at first sight is possible not not love because love is something that has to grow.  Anyway, hope your hump day went well.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I seen him, Clay, on the morning news this morning.  I felt bad for this guy I wish more people would get off their high horse and see people for who they are on the inside, this guy is a sweetheart. and people have been so cruel to him.
Great question, you got some really great readers.
 
Missy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You said that part about relationships very well....lots of times people will ask me how it came to be that Ryan and I have been together for so long. (22 years this Oct.)  I can't explain it.  But you said it perfectly!  Love and hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I haved lived the song by SAVAGE GARDEN that you mentioned.  I think if I had to have a song for my children to listen to it would be Rascal Flatts new song called MY WISH and another song I think by Carrie Underwood called Don't forget to Remember Me.
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

Penny, I love the song you dedicted to Corey.  Such a beautiful song for our beautiful daughter.  Soul mates...lol...yeah that sort of cracks me up because when the tarnish starts to show, you're right, it takes tons of compromise to keep loving that soul mate.  Love you, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great songs. I enjoyed reading the lyrics.  I agree with you on the soul mates thing.  I used to believe there was one...but not now.
Hope church was good.
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The song by Savage Garden is very special to me. The night I ended things with my ex I sat and listened to it over and over again. I wont go into detail here, but that song... well its just a special one.
I like to think theres one person out there Im supposed to be with, but never think of that person as perfect in every way. I just believe theres someone out there whos heart matches mine.
I have the Clay CD, very dissapointed, they are old songs he redid, I thought he would come out with another one of his own : (
Great job on the questions!
~ Jenny
http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/BunnySlipperBanter/

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/SunshineExpressions/