Monday, July 2, 2007

A New Me ( ...at least for today... )


Hello and happy Monday! Many of us will have a shorter work week this week. Anyone have any fun plans for the 4th? I wish I did. But I don`t. And I`m off Wed, Thurs, and Fri. I`m sure I`ll find something to do.


I do have a doctor`s appointment scheduled for Thursday. I seem to have some sort of ear infection. My ears are itchy and sore!


On Friday I`m taking Mandy to the groomers to have her fur cut off again. I had it done about 3 months ago, but it`s grown out very much since then and I know she`s hot, even though she spends most of her day laying on top of the air conditioning vent!


The "new" me got off work today, changed clothes, grabbed my iPod and went to the park to walk. There`s really NO excuse why I haven`t been! If Betsy can hike 4 miles ( gulp! ) I can get my lazy butt out and walk at least a mile at the park! I`m happy to report that I did walk one mile. It`s the first time I`ve walked that far since I finished my treatments. I don`t kid myself that I`ll do this 7 days a week, but 3 or 4 times would be nice.


Then I came home and did some laundry and vacuumed up all the little bits of papers laying about as someone knocked over my shredder. I do hate to point a paw at anyone, but I know who the culprit is!


So for now I`m taking it easy and having a delightful glass of Chardonnay.


 


I wandered lonely as a cloud


That floats on high o`er vales and hills,


When all at once I saw a crowd,


A host, of golden daffodils,


Beside the lake, beneath the trees,


Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


             -william wordsworth


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the walking...good for you. Try to enjoy those days off. Our city has a huge fireworks display, this year on Tues night.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I love to walk and a mile or so is about my limit...not 4 miles for sure.  It always makes me feel better.  Glad you got out.  My holiday is only Wednesday and nothing exciting going on here either.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Congrats on walking!
Hope your ear infec gets cleared.
Love to Mandy, know she'll look cute.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Walking is great exercise, and any amount you do will be of benefit.  Keep it up and before long you will be doing those 4 mile walks no problem.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Good job on the walking! It'll get easier as time goes. Just watch! I know how hard it is to exercise after work. All I ever want to do is come home. It takes a lot of resolve to do it.....so I congratulate you on that.
Have a great night Penny.
Hugs...Pam xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

WTG with the walking!  I need to get Mr. Griz out for a stroll.  I've been trying to do some housework while I'm off of the computer.  LOL...it's getting done very slowly.  Whoo hoo to enjoying that glass of wine now.  

Actually, I think I will be alone on the 4th.  The kids have plans and the BF is working, as usual.  I'm planning on hitting Wally World.  Big plans, hunh.  Enjoy your time off.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

I've read, probably in the newspaper,
that exercize and longevity are even more
closely linked than previously thought.
One side benefit not mentiond much,
if at all, is increased overall relaxation, including
mental relaxation. Humans being naturally
determined worry-warts, work at it in some
instances so ferociously the body is always
knotted and ready to pounce. One interesting side effect
from relaxation is increased emotion. I've seen
many people experience wrenching, shuddering
bursts of tears, spasms, yelling, and even loud
laughter as a result of achievng 'professional
relaxation.'  

Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

ok, that's funny that you mentioned me and my four mile hike from the other day.  Did I mention how tired I was??  But I do have, and I hope you do too, a wonderful place to walk where I barely hear the sounds of civilization, and only hear the lovely sounds of birds (ok, I know you hate birds)  and where I just breathe in the outdoors and kind of put everything else into perspective.  It has been a wonderful release for me over the past year, and I intend to continue it for a long while.  I constantly see people walking on main drags, and I can tell they're out for a long walk, and I'm thinking," how can you get any relaxation out of walking next to 50 mile an hour traffic??"  I can't hear myself think in that situation...I do get very tired on my  treks, but down every new path there is a corner, and I think, wow, I may see another deer or turkey or whatever, and that makes me keep going.  I wish we lived nearer to each other Penny, that could be fun!!  And listen, one mile is not bad, I do that a lot with my doggie, and there are many days I don't feel like doing it, but for her, oh well, I have to suck it up.
betsy