Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ready Spaghetti

         


It was a good day. My day off. :)


Corey and I went over to Janice`s house for lunch. On the menu was salad, garlic bread, and spaghetti. Snowman dishes and festive glasses along with lots of conversation and laughter made it a fun afternoon.


 


I have a very round face largely due to steroids that I have to take. "Prednisone cheeks." Can`t wait to get off these meds!!!!



Janice still has her tree up because she is having company this weekend.


Notice I have hair! This time last year I had hardly any due to chemo. I`ve had it cut a few times, but now I am letting it grow. :)


                        


There is an email floating around that states if you are at an ATM machine and need assistance in an emergency that putting your ATM number in backwards will summon the police. Don`t believe it! I work in a bank and know that this is not true. The best thing you can do when at an ATM is just use common sense. Look for one that is well lit if it`s nighttime. If it`s a walk up ATM, get your money quickly, pocket it and get back in your vehicle. Then count it. If it`s a drive up ATM, keep your doors and all other windows locked. Don`t pick a pin number that is easy to guess, such as your house number, birthdate, last 4 digits of your social security number or anything likethat. Many people have had their wallets stolen with their ATM cards and personal information inside. The robber then uses the ATM card and tries to guess your pin number. They are often successful if you make it an easy number, such as your house number.


Just thought I would pass this along.


                        


Tomorrow will be a busy day of appointments and grocery shopping. Saturday I work. Sunday I will be on the road, taking Corey back to college. Monday I have to go to the Cleveland Clinic for treatment. ( Almost done. I know I keep saying that. Almost!! ) Tuesday I work. Wednesday I`m  meeting Janice for lunch.


I have been organizing my home.... cleaning out cupboards and closets...throwing out things.... filing papers and shredding others. I love being organized. Once my daughter goes back to school, I`ll do more. Right now there`s a lot of shoes and clothes laying around. And purses and scarves and make up and curling irons and flat irons. lol


Remember I told all of you that I bought a brand new  silver Toyota Yaris. Well - the other day my daughter and I left Walmart. My arms were full so I hand her the keys and ask her to unlock the car. She says, "the key doesn`t fit!" I say , "What??" So I try it. Sure enough, my key doesn`t fit in my lock. What the heck??


"Oh my gosh, Corey," I say .... "this isn`t my car!" I yell as I look in horror at this silver Toyota Camry I am trying to break into! lol


We took off across the parking lot giggling like a couple of idiots - two rows over to my own car, where the key did indeed fit!


 


     

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rofl about the car.  That is really funny.  Sounds like something me and Krista would do.  Thanks for the tip on the ATM.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I've done the key thing before too!  I have a silver Ford Taurus and you just can't imagine how many there are of those...I've got a ribbon tied to the antenna for identification - it helps !  I love spegetti and it's been ages since I had it - yes I'm ready for Spegetti!!! I'll be praying for safe travels for you in the days to come.  I remember all those trips back and forth to colleges...thankfully that part of my life is in the past !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

lol   i have done the same thing with my car....even put the key in the lock. I know how you feel!!! I think you look BEAUTIFUL in the pics and dont have prednisone cheeks!!! LOVE your hair too!
XO lj

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

LOL..Penny, I've done the same thing once or twice with my Cutlass.  I love your hair.  It looks like a different cut you have this time.  Love the pictures.  Corey is so pretty, and I finally get to see Janice.  We hear so much about her.  Have yourself a good weekend.  I'm also organizing and tossing.  I've been buying all kinds of closet organizers and things.  That's my project for this upcoming long weekend.

I heard about that ATM thing but don't believe most of what I hear.  You gave some very good advice.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Penny, you look wonderful!  Corey looks wonderful as does Janice.  Doing your spring cleaning early?  Me too.  I've sent 3 black bags of clothing to the homeless shelter and much of what you are doing as well.  Blessings my friend, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere
http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

My daughter had those prednisone cheeks, too...they're darling, really!  So funny about the car!!!  Jae

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

(laughs) that's so funny! Imagine if the real owners had come back to see you trying to get into their car! ROLF!

I'm glad that you had a nice time out with your friends, sometimes its good just to let our hair down, relax and talk with friends.

I've not heard this about ATMs but I wouldn't try it if I did. I try not to use ATMs at night and when I do I always check who's around me at first. We don't have those drive through ATMs over here and I honestly don't see it happening, but they're a safer option for people.

Hope you're enjoying your week, weekends almost here! yay!

Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/shermsinthemiddle/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That's so funny, Penny -- last year, I did almost the same thing. I had my hands full of bags, hit the open on my key remote, threw my bags into the van and sat down in the driver's seat....and THEN I realized it wasn't my van!!! LOL The owner must have left it unlocked! I cracked up laughing, grabbed my stuff, and ran to MY van which was one row over. LOL

:) Carol

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice time with your friend and daughter.  and that little story about the wrong car had me giggling too. lol  Love ya and have a great weekend!  Shelly

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

ROFL about the car!  I've done that a couple times!
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

You look great in the pics, and the car stroy is so funny that`s happened to me! when your cars whatever colour thay all look the same! at least you didnt get caught trying to get into the car!
luv bella xx