Sunday, January 28, 2007

Simply Sunday

        


Greetings once again. Not too much going on here. It`s snowing on and off in Ohio. I went to church and will probably spend the remainder of the day relaxing.


  


Yesterday was a good day at work. Banking is not what it used to be. As a teller, part of my job is getting sales, or getting customers over to the desk to talk with one of the bankers. Some days go smoothly, other days it`s like pulling teeth. If we reach a certain quota, we do get a pay out. I think I made it for the month of January.   :)


   


I`ve spent some time this weekend on MySpace. I decided to try a page there again and get some friends added to it. I`m pretty lost over there, compared to how easy this AOL journal is. I ended up giving my daughter my account name and password and letting her set it up for me. But anyhow, I must thank Delaine over at Bluesmoke Inn for offering to help!  I was able to find an old friend through MySpace that I haven`t been in contact with in over 16 years! How wild.


   


I am reading a strange book by Jodi Picoult called My Sister`s Keeper. It`s about a young girl who takes her parents to court. Her sister is dying from leukemia and this girl wants to have the freedom to say no to being used as a donor. Not her best book, aside from the fact that I`ve been treated for leukemia for nearly two years now. Next up is The Summons by John Grishom.


I`m tired of some things. I`m tired of hearing everyone bash the Presdient. How about praying for him and our country more instead?


    


I`m tired of so many people trying to be "politically correct." I`m not out to offend anyone but some things are just WRONG. Any lifestyle, any belief...as long as it makes you happy it`s okay. Not! I don`t believe in being mean to others and I think we should respect our fellow humans, but I will not compromise what I believe to go along with the flow. Just my little vent because it`s my journal and I can.   :)


   


I hope this finds you having a happy weekend and that you`re all happy and well. I know the winter blahs tend to set in. I`m already making a mental note of what flowers I want to plant in the spring!


   


                          


 


            


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about the winter "blahs."  I seem to be having a "blah" day myself.  It's too cold, it gets dark too soon, you can't do too many outdoor things, you have to put on so many clothes!!! (lol)  Yeah, I'm a summer/beach person myself!  (lol)

((hugs))
Jeanne

PS...Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Banking has become a huge sales game...glad you are getting your pay outs because that is the name of the game.  I get tired of all the bashing also.  Not that I'm a Bush lover because I'm not but I certainly respect the country and the authority and pray that the leaders do what they feel is right.  So vent away, Penny...it's your forum.

I was just looking at your MySpace today and was totally impressed.  LOL that Corey did it because I cannot figure out MySpace for the life of me.  It is so much more complicated than AOL.  Becky has hers set up so neat and is always changing it.  Wow, freaky that you already found a friend from long ago...so now, how about men...hehe?  

I'm dreaming of flowers also...big time...Love you, Chris

Anonymous said...

I know the winter blahs have set in here for sure...I want some sunshine and warmth ! Hope you have a good week !  I'm hoping for a better one here!  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Great entry Penny I totally agree with you,
Have a great night, MISSY

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i dont know a thing about MySpace.
I am glad you had a good weekend.....never heard of either book. It is snowing in my part of Ohio right now.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I Loved the book My sisters keeper, and ironic how it ends. my space I find is too confusing,its hard enough doing an aol journal lol! we also have Bebo over here. you have a good day penny.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny...catching up here.  I worked in a bank from 1978-1983.  WAY back when!  I was a teller.  I actually liked the job.  It must be different now, though. I don't recall any pay offs.
I agree with you on the political correctness issue.  It goes overboard.  And yes we need to pray for Bush.
I took a look at your MySpace and I like it. I think it's so cool that you found an old friend on it!  Good job!
Have a good day.
Pam